PDA

View Full Version : Safeco Field Team Store Jerseys

VanCan
04-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Hey Guys, went to the Mariners/Athletics game on Sunday and wanted to share what game jerseys the store at Safeco had(from what I can remember). They were all listed as "Team Issued" but many showed wear.

Olerud $400 each. Some show use
Borders $200 each. Some show use
Sierra $200 each. No wear on either
Buhner $400. No wear
Valle $300(89 set 1) some stains
Lefebvre $200 each.
Ibanez $300 each. I bought the one with wear, remaining one shows no use
Cameron(lots) $200. Some show use
Rhodes(Lots) $200. Some show use
Wilson $300 each. Some show use
Franklin $200 each. Some show use
Boone $200 each. Some show use

They had more but these are the only ones I can remember. I was hoping to find a Yuniesky Betancourt on the rack but no luck :(

At section 129 they have a booth with game used jerseys as well all with MLB holograms. Regular season jerseys were $200 each(only saw Jason Vargas and Blake Beavan). They also had jerseys from the Japan series, $300 for used, $200 for issued.

beef
04-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Can you get a list of the Japan series jerseys, mainly looking for seager, beavan, Felix, ackley, smoak or Montero. Although I'd imagine the more premier players are gonna be auctioned

frikativ54
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Can you get a list of the Japan series jerseys, mainly looking for seager, beavan, Felix, ackley, smoak or Montero. Although I'd imagine the more premier players are gonna be auctioned

From what I hear, there is no Felix, Ackley, Smoak, or Montero among the Japan jerseys at the stadium. There are, however, BP jerseys on MLB.com Auctions for those players, with the exception of Justin Smoak.

Here's a link to the Montero: http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=181242602&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=181589312.

centerfieldsports.com
04-17-2012, 11:16 PM
we have a betancourt gu jersey that we just had signed in arizona if your intrested

BurlesonBlue
04-18-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm not sure if they still have the rack downstairs, but if they do, you can pick up an "issued" jersey, that clearly has wear, for $100. Not bad players either, like Jose Offerman, or Desi Relaford. I know I picked up a Cha Seung Baek jersey during FanFest for $50.

yanks12025
04-18-2012, 07:49 AM
The montero BP jersey is up over $2,000, I'm sorry but that is stupid.

frikativ54
04-18-2012, 09:00 AM

The Montero jersey is being bid up by people with Japanese-sounding usernames. I'm assuming that these jerseys appeal to the Japan market.

frikativ54
04-18-2012, 10:07 AM

If you think that's bad, check out this MLB.com Auctions listing (http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=176465846&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=176812556). For the price that this Ackley went for, I could have had two certified game used World Series jerseys of some good players from the Rangers.

MarinersFan34
04-18-2012, 10:56 AM
VanCan, those jerseys were posted in another thread here last summer and what you saw is the scraps left over, what a feeding frenzy that was. I did partake in that for my collection only but many did it to immediately cash in but I digress, that's not the topic at hand.

The closing prices for the Mariners MLB auctions is the reason you will not see any of the big names for sale at the Team Store, Ichiro, Felix, Ackley and Montero jerseys will all bring in big bucks via auction, why give it to the local fans for less?

I know that some do manage to get out into the market but most if not all of the 4 stars that are slated for sale via the Team Store will get pulled before they hit the rack. I have witnessed this already from this past season. The Pineda jerseys I picked up in January, I got only because he was traded, otherwise they'd have hit MLB auctions, that was direct from the person who handles them.

As for the person looking for Beavan, Seager and Smoak, they will or do have some of those since they're not the big money makers. Just as an FYI, it appeared from looking at the racks that players were issued 2 road grey and 2 BP tops for the Japan series.

beef
04-19-2012, 06:32 AM
As for the person looking for Beavan, Seager and Smoak, they will or do have some of those since they're not the big money makers. Just as an FYI, it appeared from looking at the racks that players were issued 2 road grey and 2 BP tops for the Japan series.

Hi jeremy, they finally approved my registration so i can post instead of just email. I figured these guys were gonna be the most reasonable to collect and have some decent potential. If you ever do happen to see a premium guy sneak onto the racks just let me know when to send the money. It's so hard to collect guys who aren't proven big league talent yet their jerseys go for thousands. -Ryan Colburn