PDA

View Full Version : Ever watch people in the crowd while an interview is being conducted? Funny stuff!

brianborsch
04-19-2012, 10:02 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20758145&c_id=mlb

There are 2 dudes who are trying to get the attention of the camera about mid-way through. Right when the arrow tracking the video's progress gets to the outer right edge of the mic the huy in the black hoody tries to make the other guy's hand touch his genital area! They both get a laugh...good times! :)

brianborsch
04-19-2012, 10:03 PM
WAIT! That's not the right link...this one is it. Interview with Granderson...

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20762191&c_id=mlb

coxfan
04-20-2012, 07:01 AM
Some of us older folks try to avoid cameras (and the cameras usually reciprocate); we've "been there and done that" and are happy not to be bothered. But on Friday 13, 2009, I was walking through Columbia, SC when I was stopped by a TV "man in the street" crew. "Do you have any superstitions about Friday the 13th" they asked. "Yeah, I'm superstitious about being interviewed by TV on that date" I replied and scampered off before they could film me.

But that same night (!), my wife and I were at the official opening of the SC Gamecocks fabulous new baseball stadium. My wife insisted on being at the front of the line as they formally opened the gates, because she hates being in the midst of crowds. Sure enough, here comes a TV microphone asking us both a question about the opening. We replied courteously; and sure enough they focused their cameras on us as we walked in as their "first in the stadium" pair, shown along with our quotes on the nightly news. So I had to put up with "Hey you're celebrities" from our friends for a few days. I couldn't avoid a Friday the 13th interview despite myself!

Anyway, the Gamecocks won the 2010 and 2011 National Championships, so they suffered no ill effects from formally opening on Friday 13th.

sox83cubs84
04-20-2012, 04:26 PM
I recall being at a White Sox game late in the 1982 season when two kids I knew (their father was a credentialed photographer) got on the video screen during a break in the game...and both proceeded to stick their fingers up their noses!:p :p The cameraman, strangely, kept them on camera for several seconds after they picked their pose (as well as something else).

Dave Miedema

frikativ54
04-20-2012, 04:46 PM
The cameraman, strangely, kept them on camera for several seconds after they picked their pose (as well as something else).

What was the "something else"? If it's not appropriate for a family board, feel free to email me. :D

sox83cubs84
04-20-2012, 06:22 PM
They stuck their fingers somewhere and it rhymes with "pose"...;)

Dave Miedema
ABO 2012