PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recognize this minor league (I think?) logo?

Preston
04-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey all,

I picked up what I believe to be a minor league game worn jersey today - last name "Sellers" - my original thought is that it was a minor league jersey of Justin Sellers or Neil Sellers - but can't figure out what team logo this jersey has on it. The tag at the bottom is a "Team MLB" Majestic, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something?

Thanks for any insight anyone has!

Preston
04-22-2012, 08:53 PM
I guess it would HELP to attach pics :)

I mean y'all ARE good, but not psychic!

bd300
04-22-2012, 10:58 PM
It might have been worn by Justin Sellers. He wore #2 when he played for Kane County Cougars.

Preston
04-22-2012, 11:22 PM
He was originally who I was thinking of as well...I just don't recognize the logo though. I know he's worn #1 and #2 in the minors - I remembered him wearing #2 but couldn't find an image of him doing so, so I'm glad someone else remembers that so I don't feel crazy!

jppopma
04-23-2012, 08:33 AM
I've seen the tagging on replicas before, so I'm not sure that will help too much. Also, it could be tagged as a blank and then screened/sewn on later.

No clue on the team. Most of the times, the ST. would be Saint _____. But I am not even sure if the other letter would be an O or if it's a D.

I pulled a search on all minor league teams and D1 colleges and didn't see anything that jumped out at me.

HawaiiSportsNut
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
It might be a winter league team. I know that Justin played here in Hawaii for the Waikiki Beachboys in 2007.

godwulf
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
I can't relate the letters in the logo to any team for any "Sellers" listed in the Baseball Cube. It might help to figure out what order they should be read in. The ST Ds? The D STs? The T DSs? Could ST be "South Texas"? Maybe looking at the logos of other teams that combine three letters in their logo would provide a clue as to how to read it. This is going to bug me until somebody figures it out.

Preston
04-24-2012, 09:20 AM
I can't relate the letters in the logo to any team for any "Sellers" listed in the Baseball Cube. It might help to figure out what order they should be read in. The ST Ds? The D STs? The T DSs? Could ST be "South Texas"? Maybe looking at the logos of other teams that combine three letters in their logo would provide a clue as to how to read it. This is going to bug me until somebody figures it out.

Bugging me too for sure! I've tried every minor league team and have yet to find a logo that looks anything remotely close to it. I have to think it's not some stupid retail jersey that was customized because the logo is just way too odd.

Dach0sen0ne
04-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Sellers is on Twitter, Tweet him a pic of the jersey and maybe he will respond.

@SellBlock_12

swainer
04-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Bugging me as well. Any chance it could be a jersey that Diamond Sports Training http://www.diamondsportstraining.com/ or Dynamic Sports Training http://www.dynamicsportstraining.com/ produced? Both advertise major leaguers training at their respective facilities but I don't see that logo anywhere on their site. I say tweet the young fella and hopefully he responds!!!

John

godwulf
04-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Just made the mistake of doing a Google Image search on "STD".

DON'T DO THAT!!!

frikativ54
04-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Just made the mistake of doing a Google Image search on "STD".

DON'T DO THAT!!!

:p :D :eek: