PDA

View Full Version : Dalcowbill and HA auctions

hfd0035
04-23-2012, 11:50 AM
I am noticing that quite a few game worn Dallas Cowboys items that ended yesterday in HA auctions are popping up on Ebay today under Dalcowbill. Does anyone know if this ebay seller has something to do with HA auctions or just buys everything to resell them on Ebay? Im worried because I am watching a few items on HA auctions but have also been informed to stay away from this seller.

kings418
04-23-2012, 12:39 PM
I think he may have consigned those items to HA and maybe they didn't meet the reserve. I know he has had a couple of those Cowboy items on ebay in the past. The Scott helmet has been listed on ebay by him many times over the years.

Vince

COWBOYS4EVR
04-23-2012, 08:51 PM
If you look at December's auction on Vintage Sports Authentics,
some of the jerseys that were not sold are on his ebay page aswell.

hfd0035
04-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Well I guess that means I have to question Vintage Authentics too.... His items on Heritage Auctions met their reserves as well, so I can assume he has people bidding to make the prices higher.

trsent
04-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Well I guess that means I have to question Vintage Authentics too.... His items on Heritage Auctions met their reserves as well, so I can assume he has people bidding to make the prices higher.

I believe most of these auction houses have a reserve program set where the high bidder is automatically outbid until the reserve is met. I believe this is how reserves work in many private auction houses. So if you bid $500.00 on a jersey, they automatically bid $550.00 for the reserve.

This doesn't mean someone is shill bidding, it is just how their software works. Unfortunately, unlike eBay, often reserves are not disclosed to the bidder, so they have no clue they are being outbid by a bot.

hfd0035
04-25-2012, 05:08 PM
I believe most of these auction houses have a reserve program set where the high bidder is automatically outbid until the reserve is met. I believe this is how reserves work in many private auction houses. So if you bid $500.00 on a jersey, they automatically bid $550.00 for the reserve.

This doesn't mean someone is shill bidding, it is just how their software works. Unfortunately, unlike eBay, often reserves are not disclosed to the bidder, so they have no clue they are being outbid by a bot.

Gotcha. I guess I misunderstood the HA site when it said "a reserve if any will be posted on this date". Thanks for the info