PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware - 1st Time Thief

hiramman
04-26-2012, 05:33 AM
This ebay seller is just beginning their life of crime or maybe they're just starting to use this new ebay seller id: housewife013 (maybe they set this one up under their wifes name?)

Seller sold a MLB Authenticated Dan Uggla cracked bat as being used by Dan Uggla. Seller must have returned it because their negative feedback says "The bat was not used by Uggla". But this genious seller solved that problem, they just removed the MLB Authenticated hologram and re-listed it.

jppopma
04-26-2012, 07:44 AM
I'd love to know what the MLB cert said on this. MLB doesn't put holograms on just anything and we know the deal with MLB labeling things as "issued". Not sure if maybe it was an uncracked bat and somehow they broke it themselves?

I always find it fishy when people come out of the woodwork with no feedback and suspicious items. It almost screams a collector who doesn't want to put their own feedback on the line with a questionable item.

tony433433
04-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Doesn't even look like they removed the hologram, just used Microsoft Paint and pasted a different part of the bat wood over the hologram area. Guess he only could take one photo of this bat, ever.

CampWest
04-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Doesn't even look like they removed the hologram, just used Microsoft Paint and pasted a different part of the bat wood over the hologram area. Guess he only could take one photo of this bat, ever.

Haaa... yeah... Definitely same photo. The placement of the bat on the carpet is exact, as is the reflection of the lights. Too funny.

allstarsplus
04-26-2012, 11:28 AM

Wow, good pick-up on that! You can actually see the cut and past piece over the hologram.

hiramman
04-26-2012, 12:05 PM
That's funny!! I didn't even notice that when i saved the photos.

Skizzick
04-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Haaa... yeah... Definitely same photo. The placement of the bat on the carpet is exact, as is the reflection of the lights. Too funny.
I think we can call this a photomatch.

sox83cubs84
04-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Look at the bright side...at least we don't have to see his toes in the picture.:p

Dave Miedema

frikativ54
04-27-2012, 04:47 AM
Look at the bright side...at least we don't have to see his toes in the picture.:p

Or the toilet seat. :D

joelsabi
04-28-2012, 03:34 PM
I'd love to know what the MLB cert said on this. MLB doesn't put holograms on just anything and we know the deal with MLB labeling things as "issued". Not sure if maybe it was an uncracked bat and somehow they broke it themselves?

I always find it fishy when people come out of the woodwork with no feedback and suspicious items. It almost screams a collector who doesn't want to put their own feedback on the line with a questionable item.

I emailed the person who originally bought on ebay and he says the hologram was not even affixed to the bat and had the number #13 on the knob. Therefore he returned it.

Is it possible that the seller Photoshopped the hologram onto the photo the first time?

Anyways it makes me question any photo of the bat with a hologram if the hologram number is not visible from the photograph and verifiable. An eye opener.