PDA

View Full Version : You Coulda Had It- Eric Gregg MLB Umpire Travel Trunk w/ Contents

Eric
12-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Here's something we did at the old gameusedforum.com site called "You Coulda Had It."
We'll occassionally profile something interesting that went for auction that you may have missed
Check out this Eric Gregg Umpire's Trunk full of Umpire Equipment. You Coulda Had it for $382!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Eric-Gregg-MLB-Umpire-Travel-Truck-w-Contents_W0QQitemZ8732039030QQcategoryZ50117QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem
http://scgaynor.com/images/112805sc/55a.JPG
http://scgaynor.com/images/112805sc/55c.JPG

Swoboda4
12-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Interesting array of stuff. In similar items, some umpire is auctioning on E-bay his line-up cards from various games. Does anyone know who it is cause it's not mentioned on the description where they come from.

trsent
12-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Wow, that lot would have been pretty cool, then again didn't Eric Gregg weigh like 350 pounds? Those might be some large clothing.

At first I thoght he was the umpire that used to be a professional wrestler, then I remember it was Ken Kaiser who was the wrestler in the off-season early in his career.

Soonerfan65
12-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Where's the donuts?

John:D

trsent
12-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Where's the donuts?

Ask a cop?

Funny you say that, we were talking about Claire Parker (was that her name) for becoming a household name because of the "Where's the Beef?" commercials years ago. Then again, I guess Dave Thomas became a household name because of the Wendy's commercials also.

Vintagedeputy
12-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Ask a cop?

Funny you say that, we were talking about Claire Parker (was that her name) for becoming a household name because of the "Where's the Beef?" commercials years ago. Then again, I guess Dave Thomas became a household name because of the Wendy's commercials also.

Hey! I resemble that remark.....but we dont all like donuts. That stereotype is old and outdated.......besides, now we have cookies, chips, and left over Halloween candy....so many more opportunities. Oh and by the way, the beef lady was Clara Peller, not Claire Parker.

Getting back to the trunk, for $400, I think that was a steal. Wasn't Gregg the ump that died during a game?

skipcareyisfat
12-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Hey! I resemble that remark.....but we dont all like donuts. That stereotype is old and outdated.......besides, now we have cookies, chips, and left over Halloween candy....so many more opportunities. Oh and by the way, the beef lady was Clara Peller, not Claire Parker.

Getting back to the trunk, for $400, I think that was a steal. Wasn't Gregg the ump that died during a game?

Vintagedeputy,

You're thinking of John McSherry. Eric Gregg and his mile-wide strikezone was in the back pocket of the Florida Marlins during the '97 Braves/Marlins playoffs. I still hate that guy.

trsent
12-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Eric Gregg and his mile-wide strikezone was in the back pocket of the Florida Marlins during the '97 Braves/Marlins playoffs. I still hate that guy.

Eric had a very large back pocket, I would have thunk if he was crooked it would have made the news, kind-of like the 1919 Chicago White (Black) Sox.

skipcareyisfat
12-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Eric had a very large back pocket, I would have thunk if he was crooked it would have made the news, kind-of like the 1919 Chicago White (Black) Sox.

He ate the evidence.

DonFan23
12-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Clara Peller and John McSherry -

"During the opening game of the 1995 season, umpire John McSherry collapsed and died behind home plate in Cincinnati."