PDA

View Full Version : BMH - What kind of bat is this?

brianborsch
05-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Hello,

I came across a weird looking LVS M9 bat. It is one of Bryce Harper from 2012. What's weird looking is the type of font on the nameplate as well as what's printed on backside of the barrel (Authentic with the MLB logo). Is this a new style of bat? Or a store model of some sort?

camarokids
05-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Link or picture?

brianborsch
05-02-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bryce-Harper-H-B-M9-Maple-Game-Bat-Washington-Nationals-/200753648043?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ebdd991ab

sorry...heres the link....

BMH
05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Jesus those didn't last long...
During Spring Training Marucci told EM's they were not going to make on time deliveries and that a lot of their minor league players were having their orders cancelled. We got a call from Bryce Harper's agent saying he wanted to order bats from us. Personally, I didn't want to make him bats. I figured it was some sort of ploy by Marucci. I know, stupid but you never know anymore. So, we made him some samples using our new spray finish which is much harder than our current finish and we lasered the end brand and we put our new back logo on the bats. We sent him two. Well, next thing we know he's ordering a dozen from us in H238's and S318's. The story I got was he and Marucci were having issues, we also heard the same thing about Pujols. We did not send him any bats...

Anyway, if any of you watched any of his games he had been swinging us a lot. That all changed once he got called up to the Major's. According to his agent Marucci and Bryce came to terms and he is back in the fold so to speak.

The logo on the back will be on all the pink bats this year.