PDA

View Full Version : Mariano Rivera. Possible ACL

yanks12025
05-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Rivera is probably done for the season now. Could this be the end of his career? Sad thing to happen

cliffjmp33
05-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Overtly sad. ACL is being confirmed now by media outlets.

Mo is hands down my favorite player of all-time (I'm 32) and this just stinks that something freakish like this occurs.

Hope he rethinks retirement and rehabs and comes back in 2013.

DJaeger22
05-04-2012, 04:05 PM
From Mariano himself, "I'm coming back. Write it down in big letters. I'm not going out like this."

As a Yankee fan, I can't wait to see him running onto the field to Enter Sandman.

sox83cubs84
05-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I couldn't go 10 minuutes last night without hearing an ESPN radio update or report on this. That said, I am NOT going to play the East Coast Bias card here...this is major news. After all, you're talking the all-time saves leader, the undisputed all-time greatest closer, a probable first ballot Hofer, and a man who was contemplating hanging 'em up after the season (but apparently won't now).

I always enjoyed Mo when he came to Chicago...several of the fly balls he shagged were always tossed to fans. Unlike some of the Yankees stars who hid behind their Steiner autograph deals to avoid signing for the fans, he was usually cooperative on this, as well.

The news brief on the local ESPN radio outlet I heard as I'm posting this says that Mo is vowing to come back. That's great...a guy as talented and classy as him would, you hope, have a chance to retire on his own terms.

Heal up Mo!!

Dave Miedema