PDA

View Full Version : Coolest Auction for a player collector ever.

gingi79
05-08-2012, 08:05 PM
The Atlanta Braves are auctioning off packages for 2 tickets to a game, the opportunity to go on the field after the game, meet your favorite player and have him sign the jersey he wore in the game and hand it to you.

I'm currently calling in every favor I can think of to meet Matty Diaz. FYI the Chipper Jones deal starts at $1500, any guesses what it ends at?

Metsfan808
05-08-2012, 08:21 PM
The Atlanta Braves are auctioning off packages for 2 tickets to a game, the opportunity to go on the field after the game, meet your favorite player and have him sign the jersey he wore in the game and hand it to you.

I'm currently calling in every favor I can think of to meet Matty Diaz. FYI the Chipper Jones deal starts at $1500, any guesses what it ends at?

Check the auction carefully, it does not state you will meet the actual player:

Please note that one Braves player will present the jerseys to all winners and may not be the same player whose jersey the winner purchased. Only one person will be allowed on the field to accept the jersey. All winners will be contacted at the conclusion of the auction for further instructions regarding the jersey presentation; winners are not required to be present to win.

jake33
05-09-2012, 12:59 PM
What would be perfect is meeting the exact player obviously. However, I know 2 teams for a fact, have to pay $500 per player to do a player appearance like this (auto signing or not).

So from the team's point of view, if it was to meet the specific player, these auctions would all have to start at at least $1000. Either way, it is nice to watch a game knowing full well that you will be getting a specific player's jersey before the event ends. You could really pile on the photo matches and document the day, which I think would in itself be pretty neat as well.