PDA

View Full Version : Anyone collects high school football helmets

bruno89
05-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Im in the process of aquiring some high school game used helmets and probably start a collection of those ,what i find great about them is the way the logos/decals look like from different teams ,some of them the same as NFL teams,and the variety of items...
Let me know if you find them cool too and show off your collections or the ones you have...

Gridiron Heroes
05-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I used to collect my old high school conference and other local favorites from towns I love in Minnesota that I visited when in my younger days. You can call the schools or email the AD or coach and I got a 90% success rate. The most I paid was $75 and about a number of them were free. High school helmets make a fun and cheap collectible.

I also collected MIAC teams (a small metro high academic conference in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area) and started w/ my grad school Hamline. From that I started collected all the other small college teams in Minnesota I could get my hands on building a collection of around 20 high school and small college helmets.

Those of course went with my Gophers and Big Ten helmets, and then a few of my favorite NFL teams.

Shawn
www.gopherjerseys.com (http://www.gopherjerseys.com)
gridironheroes22@yahoo.com

bruno89
05-11-2012, 09:10 PM
I agree ,i just started contacting teams from S.Carolina and Texas as those places mean alot to me as i lived in one and i live in the other...
So far got answer from 4 teams ,some of them for free ,others asked me as far as $50 per helmet,another school said they have 50/60helmets!!! haha
Another is doing a auction in halftime at a spring game and ofcourse i will be there ,hopefully i buy something for a few bucks but its more fun to add to the hobby for a good price =) and some of those helmets have great decals.