PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With 1990 Oakland A's Jersey

G1X
05-13-2012, 01:33 AM
I recently acquired a 1990 Oakland A's home jersey of Darren Lewis. The 1990 World Series patch is on the shoulder and the American Flag patch is on the front right chest. Lewis was called up in late August of 1990 and played in 11 home games. The jersey shows decent signs of game use. He was not included on the post-season roster, but I am assuming, nevertheless, that jerseys were prepped for him with the patches.

Below is a photo of the nameplate on the jersey. A helpful forum member has pointed out to me that the font is not the usual A's font style (mainly the "W" and the "S"), and another forum member confirmed that this is not a Rawlings plate or lettering. My initial thought is that perhaps the team threw something together quickly when he was called up, but I have been unable to find photos of the back of Darren Lewis from 1990, and I have not found photos of any Oakland A's player from that era with that particular font (especially the "W" and "S").

I am hoping that someone has a photo or video of Lewis from a home game in 1990, or else has photo evidence of any A's player wearing this type of font during that era.

Any input, comments, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Darren Lewis and Willie McGee game-used items.