PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about JUST MEMORABILIA/JUST MINORS, INC

SSB15
05-13-2012, 06:35 AM
I have never heard of a company called JUST MEMORABILIA/JUST MINORS, who issues certificates on games used items. Does anyone have an opinion about this entity? Can you believeJUST MEMORABILIA / JUST MINORS's certificate of authenticity?

Thanks

Scott

Tedw9
05-13-2012, 07:22 AM
They purchase game used items directly from minor leaguers/rookies/stars, issue a certificate with it and then package and sell it.

You can buy a case of game used items that has items like batting gloves, hats, cleats, jerseys and game used fielding gloves. You may get a minor star, or you may get a HOF caliber star in your box.

So what it boils down to is that you can't send them your item to be authenticated. They are like a card company who buys direct from the players and when you buy a "pack" of game used from them, you get the WHOLE item, not a slice.

I've never heard anything bad about them or any of their items being bad.

CampWest
05-13-2012, 08:15 AM
I have a lot of Just Minors items. I've met in person with the president of the company. And had several other conversations with them. They've been honest, open and fair in all of our dealings.

To answer your question directly, I would trust their COA/LOA more than most others.

Just Minors was primarily a trading card company, focusing on minor league cards, they had autographs, patch cards, etc from minor leaguers. They've I think gotten entirely out of minor league baseball cards, but still operate with signed baseballs, signed prints, signed jerseys, and signed bats.

As mentioned in the previous post, most of their items come directly from the players. I believe some comes from the secondary market, but they seem to exercise strict quality control on those items.

One thing that I found interesting, I picked up an Eric Hosmer game used AZ Fall League hat from the Just Minors Mystery Gamers product. The hat had an MLB authentication sticker. Just Minors did not add their own sticker to it. They know the MLB sticker is more iron clad than anything they could add, so they did not muck up the item with additional stickers.

Billy Butler became a marquee player of theirs when he was drafted. As a player collector, I've become familiar with their products. I have yet to see anything even remotely questionable come from them.

I guess my only hesitation would be some players like to call everything they touch game used, ie a backup fielding glove only used in pregame warmup may be labeled game used by the player. While I wouldn't personally call it that, Just Minors would not really be at fault for that as they are taking the player's word in most cases or a higher source like MLB authentication.

As with everything, do your homework before you buy. But I would definitely be pretty comfortable with a Just Minors LOA/COA.

SSB15
05-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks.