PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton's 4th home run bat

cjclong
05-13-2012, 08:05 AM
After Josh Hamilton's 4 home run game MLB certified some of the game used items including his hat, jersey, HR balls 3 and 4 and the bat he used. Interestingly, Hamilton is continuing to use the bat with the certification on it and says he will continue to use it till it breaks. Wonder what would happen if he accidentally throws it into the stands while batting as he has a number of times already this season. Can't quite imagine letting a fan keep a four home run in a game record bat. I'm real surprised it wasn't sent to the HOF. Wonder if any of the items will be put up by the Rangers for auction. I heard that the Rangers buy some of Hamilton's bats and he buys some.

lakeerie92
05-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Buster Olney said Hamilton broke the bat in his last at bat tonight. He used the same bat for 9 HRs this week. He reported it was headed to the HOF.

flota89
05-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Insane. Home run bats are tough to find, but I can't even imagine one with nine of them linked to it.

I've never payed a ton of attention to Hamilton (I'm always watching Cardinals games ... National League Baseball), but I've made a point to watch is ABs the last few days. Impressive.

-Tyler

slambam
05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Article on Yahoo about the bat. Says it was only used for 8 HRs, but still.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/josh-hamilton-bat-breaks-hitting-eight-nine-homers-135704405.html;_ylt=ArCCN2.QPCDTKvQDHdMM.YURvLYF

cjclong
05-15-2012, 09:01 AM
The Rangers had the bat on display to have your picture taken with (for $5) last night. He cracked the bat on single he hit in the Rangers last game with the Angles Sunday night. Kind of odd you would keep using a bat till it broke and then send it the HOF. Interestingly, the bat has a bible verse in very small letters after his name on the barrel. He also accidentally threw two bats into the stands last night and fans were allowed to keep them. Wonder what would have happened if he had thrown the 4 home run bat before he cracked it. Somehow I doubt that fans would would have been allowed to keep that one.

Jags Fan Dan
05-15-2012, 10:53 AM
On a related note, I was watching the Reds last night and the announcers were saying that Votto sent the bat he used for his three homeruns, including the walk off grand slam on Sunday, to the hall. They said he hated to do it, he said it was the best bat he had ever had in his life from a quality stand point.

cjclong
05-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Heard that the Rangers bought some of Hamilton's bats and that Hamilton buys some himself from LVS. The 4 home run in game bat was one that Hamilton paid for personally. It has a scripture verse engraved in small letters on the barrel. I suppose if he accidentally threw one of his personal bats into the stands it would be up to him whether the fan got to keep it.

AWA85
06-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Here is a little more info about Votto and him continuing to use his bat. Some cool stuff on how picky he is as well.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120515/SPT04/305150103/Votto-s-bat-headed-Hall-eventually

Jags Fan Dan
06-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Here is a little more info about Votto and him continuing to use his bat. Some cool stuff on how picky he is as well.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120515/SPT04/305150103/Votto-s-bat-headed-Hall-eventually
Good stuff, thanks for the link!