PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols Game Used

yankees506
05-13-2012, 09:17 PM
While Albert may still have a shot to turn it around anyone think his astronomical game used prices will be affected by this unprecedented slump to start the season?

Im thinking along the lines of a player having a good year or two and his GU stuff going way up (ala Cano).

What if Albert finishes this year batting .250 or less with homers in the mid 20's and follows it up another similar year. Will people still pay close to 3k for a gamer?

legaleagle92481
05-13-2012, 10:32 PM
While Albert may still have a shot to turn it around anyone think his astronomical game used prices will be affected by this unprecedented slump to start the season?

Im thinking along the lines of a player having a good year or two and his GU stuff going way up (ala Cano).

What if Albert finishes this year batting .250 or less with homers in the mid 20's and follows it up another similar year. Will people still pay close to 3k for a gamer?

Yes one year does not a career make. If it were a Cano type who is a star but far from an immortal player at this point i would say stuff would drop. Pujols will turn it around he is adjusting to a new home park and a new tougher league.

baseballfan0721
05-13-2012, 11:24 PM
It may drop but come on he is still a HOF'r ! It will turn around for him !!

Armando V.

mvillafuerte0721@gmail.com

Collects anything Texas Rangers

slambam
05-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes one year does not a career make. If it were a Cano type who is a star but far from an immortal player at this point i would say stuff would drop. Pujols will turn it around he is adjusting to a new home park and a new tougher league.

I get so annoyed when people blame it on the ballpark/league. The guy is the all time BA leader in interleague play at .347. He fared well against the AL before. Watch the video, his swing is way off. It has nothing to do with the park or the league, it's 99% mental. I do think he'll bounce back eventually, but his best days are definitely behind him.

treant985
05-14-2012, 07:02 PM
This is his 4th straight year of declining numbers. Doesn't hurt when you start that streak at .357, but there's definitely a trend there....

If there are lower prices, it may be difficult to differentiate whether it's because of declining performance or because he's with a new team (it seems like prices are lower for gear from his time with the 'old team').