PDA

View Full Version : What value would you put on...

gadsden86
05-16-2012, 07:43 AM
A game used trot nixon bat?
I have the opportunity to get one in a trade the guy wants 150-175 in value but cant seem to find much on a trot bat.
Its black and has a ton of use. Tape at the bottom where his hand would be and has 3 white stripes on it w/ his name.

I have found a few pics w/ him using a black bat but not alot any help would be great. I fully trust the guy who has it and he stands behind his stuff fully as well.

Thanks for any help.

legaleagle92481
05-16-2012, 09:42 AM
A game used trot nixon bat?
I have the opportunity to get one in a trade the guy wants 150-175 in value but cant seem to find much on a trot bat.
Its black and has a ton of use. Tape at the bottom where his hand would be and has 3 white stripes on it w/ his name.

I have found a few pics w/ him using a black bat but not alot any help would be great. I fully trust the guy who has it and he stands behind his stuff fully as well.

Thanks for any help.

Thats too high. Trot wasnt a star and is out of the game so anything more than $50-$75 imo is too much. I used to collect gu bats and for hofers people arent paying $150 to $175.

gorilla777
05-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Maybe closer to $100 range for Trot Nixon, but I'm not a Red Sox collector so don't have a real good feel for the price levels. If it is specific to the '04 WS year, then definitely better.
As for Hall of Famer bats not going for $150-$175? C'mon man....maybe I should just say that if anyone has any HOFer bats at that level, please contact me immediately. Unless this is a different Hall of Fame we are referring to here?;)

legaleagle92481
05-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Maybe closer to $100 range for Trot Nixon, but I'm not a Red Sox collector so don't have a real good feel for the price levels. If it is specific to the '04 WS year, then definitely better.
As for Hall of Famer bats not going for $150-$175? C'mon man....maybe I should just say that if anyone has any HOFer bats at that level, please contact me immediately. Unless this is a different Hall of Fame we are referring to here?;)

I am talking active potential future hofers. Examples of bats that i have gotten so little for are Pudge Rodriguez, Matt Holiday, Carlos Beltran, Carlos Delgado and Todd Helton. For a cracked bat of Nixon I can't see paying anywhere near what this guys asking.

emann
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
I do collect Red Sox and I don't think the $150 price is that bad on an uncracked Nixon w/ heavy use. If it's a nice looking example and from a Red Sox year, I'd consider that. I've paid $250 each for nice Nomar, Tek, Manny bats recently—probably none of whom will be HOFers.

It's all about supply and demand on those potential HOF guys listed and the quality of the item (there's a literal ton of Pudge bats out there, basic examples are not rare, stellar ones you pay more for).

gadsden86
05-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the views guys