PDA

View Full Version : 0-14 Inscription with AUTO or any negative event...

jake33
05-17-2012, 08:39 AM
For a while I was looking to get a Buccaneers' autograph from aplayer on the 1976 team who went 0-14. While it is a low point in my favorite team's history, it is still NFL history.

I felt a little odd asking for the inscription but Pat Toomay (who also wrote the book Any Given Sunday and recorded the 1st Force Fumble in team history) did the inscription on the AFC logo mini helmet. Bucs were in the AFC west for their 1st season in 1976.

Just curious if anyone has gotten a player to do an 0-16 inscription from the 2008 Lions team. Or for that matter, any player to do an inscription on a negative event that happened on the field for that athlete --- other examples would be

Bill Buckner inscribing "E-3 Game 6"
Scott Norwood "Wide Left"
TJ Rubley "Audible"
Tony Mandarich "2nd overall pick 1989 draft"
Ty Detmer "7 Ints"
Dan Orlovsky "Accidental Safety"
JiM Marshall "Wrong Way"
Rob Deer "1409 K's"

Kind of a strange topic, I know, but curious on any examples or thoughts.

swainer
05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I think Pete Rose is now the "king" of the odd inscription. Have you seen some of the inscriptions he's been writing lately? Not only the ever popular "I'm sorry I bet on baseball" but he's branched out to shouldering the blame for most historic negative events. Some of them include "I'm sorry I shot JFK", "I'm sorry I screwed up the economy", and "I'm sorry I broke up the Beatles". I'm sure Pete will pretty much sign whatever you want as long as you pay his fee. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how far he's fallen...

http://deadspin.com/5907927/i-was-the-first-man-on-the-moon-pete-rose-still-lying-about-things-on-autographed-baseballs

Jags Fan Dan
05-17-2012, 11:46 AM
I think Pete Rose is now the "king" of the odd inscription. Have you seen some of the inscriptions he's been writing lately? Not only the ever popular "I'm sorry I bet on baseball" but he's branched out to shouldering the blame for most historic negative events. Some of them include "I'm sorry I shot JFK", "I'm sorry I screwed up the economy", and "I'm sorry I broke up the Beatles". I'm sure Pete will pretty much sign whatever you want as long as you pay his fee. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how far he's fallen...

http://deadspin.com/5907927/i-was-the-first-man-on-the-moon-pete-rose-still-lying-about-things-on-autographed-baseballs
Wish I could get a "I'm sorry about my haircut" signed ball. That would be sweet.