PDA

View Full Version : Dan is the Man!!

hiramman
05-19-2012, 07:35 PM
I got a nice surprise Friday when I checked the mail. I got a super nice pair of game used Dan Uggla batting gloves straight from the man himself.

I'm a season ticket holder and have gotten to know Dan through several Braves functions. Last season my daughter Morgan won a contest to meet Dan through his sponsor Muscle Milk. She took me along as her +1 and we got to spend batting practice with him at the end of last season. He was absolutely awesome, took photos, signed stuff for us and gave my daughter a big hug when we left. Since then, he has remembered both of us at Braves Caravans (the Braves pre-season fan autograph stops across several Southern states), spring training and at the ballpark.

At spring training this season, I asked him for a pair of his batting gloves and he said he would hook me up. When my daughter and I saw him at the Braves Stars vs Future Stars game in April, he told me he hadn't forgotten me and he gave my daughter another big hug.(which she absolutely loved)

I wrote him a thank you letter and Friday when I came home, these were in the mail. Can't wait to see him when they get back into town this weekend to thank him.

Just another example of a first class pro athlete. He's got another fan for life and of course my daugter thinks he hung the moon.

jppopma
05-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Great story and nice to see some well used gloves (too many players seem to go through a pair per at bat).

mook03005
05-19-2012, 09:34 PM
great story, Uggla is definately a great and classy player...miss him when he was back playing for the marlins....Ugglas Uglies forever!!

Rob L
05-19-2012, 09:37 PM
A great story to hear! Congrats!!:)

frikativ54
05-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Cool story. Congrats. :)

5toolplayer
05-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Very classy!! Wish more players acted this way towards their fans. +1

gadsden86
05-21-2012, 11:35 AM
that is an awesome story congrats

Tedw9
05-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Great story! Congrats!!

punch
05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Alawys cool to here when athlete's give that little extra effort to connect with a fan. They are not obligated to by any means, but it's nice to hear when they do.