PDA

View Full Version : opinions on an ebay felix hernandez

beef
05-20-2012, 06:49 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Authentic-FELIX-HERNANDEZ-Autographed-GU-Jersey-Seattle-Mariner-COA-/230793166889

I don't see any team tagging and im not very experienced in baseball jerseys. thanks in advance -Ryan

jtorrez
05-20-2012, 07:25 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Authentic-FELIX-HERNANDEZ-Autographed-GU-Jersey-Seattle-Mariner-COA-/230793166889

I don't see any team tagging and im not very experienced in baseball jerseys. thanks in advance -Ryan

2005, 2006 & 2007 Mariners jersey did not have the "Property of..." year tags. I am not saying it is legit, just pointing out that the the jerseys do not have those tags. The auction states that the jersey shows no use and is clean, it looks like it has never been worn to me. The jersey is bright and crisp, the numbers are perfect and the tag is perfect, no use or wear to it. Even if he wore it to sit on the bench it would show some wear or washing.

Jersey is the correct size for the year indicated to have been used. I would ask the seller if there is a 0062 wash code tag on the inside seem. Size 52 jerseys are sold at retail and tagged exactly like the jersey in the pictures listed.

Looks like at best a team issued autographed jersey and possibly a autographed authentic. I could be wrong but that is jut my observation.

jppopma
05-20-2012, 09:14 PM
I'd also ask to see another picture of the back of the jersey. I'm hoping its just the way that have it hanging, but the arch on the NOB looks too straight to me.

MarinersFan34
05-21-2012, 01:31 PM
IMO, the jersey is an autographed authentic and the letter is an error or not the orignal jersey that came with it. I would lean towards the former on this one. I've seen a large number of autographed authentics over the years via M's care, I think they have one at nearly every auction now.

The seller has stated the the majestic code is indeed 6200 and not 0062.

I also feel that his 2007 regular season gamers should be a size 54, not a 52.

beef
05-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Jeremy I just a response also stating the 6200 tagging. The light use worried me but the tagging will keep me from bidding. As always thanks for the knowledge. Any luck yet on the buhner, jeremy? -Ryan