PDA

View Full Version : Fan catches Back-To-Back HRs

baines3
05-22-2012, 10:38 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7958478/lucky-cincinnati-reds-fan-snags-balls-back-back-homers

All you ball hawks.... let's see you top this one!!

Dewey2007
05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Awesome! Years ago, I saw a guy at the Oakland Coliseum catch foul balls on consecutive pitches but to catch back-to-back HR's tops that one.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7958478/lucky-cincinnati-reds-fan-snags-balls-back-back-homers

All you ball hawks.... let's see you top this one!!

sox83cubs84
05-22-2012, 11:41 AM
As it happened, the fan, 20-year-old Caleb Lloyd, turned out to do a good thing with BOTH baseballs. He gave the first home run back to Leake (it was Leake's first MLB home run) and gave the Cozart homer to his buddy who brought him to the game. No baseballs left, but more notoriety than the vast majority of Joe Fan types get.

Baines3: the ones I know can't even MATCH it, let alone top it.

Dave Miedema

gingi79
05-22-2012, 08:04 PM
The odds of this happening must be akin to seeing an unassisted triple play during a No Hitter, no?

Jags Fan Dan
05-23-2012, 06:51 AM
They were saying during the game last night that the odds of catching two hoerun balls in one game were astronomical, but to catch back to back homers was off the charts even further!

ryant7
05-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Seen this live and was going to post in the Bryce Harper thread, the guy that caught the balls was brought up to the broadcast booth and interviewed he said he would like to "trade" Leake the ball for an autographed ball and photo with him. The thing that really surprised me is that the gentleman was so polite answering all questions with yes sir and no sir.

sox83cubs84
05-23-2012, 09:34 PM
They were saying during the game last night that the odds of catching two hoerun balls in one game were astronomical, but to catch back to back homers was off the charts even further!

There have been occasions on Waveland Avenue where ballhawks have gotten 2 HRs in a game. Of course, freedom of movement is far easier to come by on a mostly empty street than in a filled up seating section. Still, you can't knock it.

Dave Miedema

flota89
05-24-2012, 03:26 PM
It's no comparisson, but I came up with two back-to-back BP home runs before the Cardinals/Padres game yesterday.

sox83cubs84
05-24-2012, 11:01 PM
It's no comparisson, but I came up with two back-to-back BP home runs before the Cardinals/Padres game yesterday.

Similar things happened to me twice at Wrigley Field...back-to-back Jose Hernandez HRs, and back-to-back Steve Buechele foul balls.

Dave Miedema

coxfan
05-25-2012, 06:46 AM
I have some memory that a few years ago a fan caught two over-the-fence balls during a game. I remember it because Kruk and the "Baseball Tonight" crew did a spoof of that occurrence, actually discussing the fan's style and positioning with mock seriousness, as if they were doing an outfielder. I think they were HR's but I don't recall well enough any details; they might have been fouls. The guy was standing in an entrance way to a seating area.

A number of years ago two fouls landed in the exact spot where two teen-aged girls were sitting, at a Class A minor-league game. The girls didn't even move; the balls virtually landed in their lap.(They weren't hurt). I was sitting nearby, and I got the impression from overhearing that it may have their first pro baseball game.

frikativ54
05-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Similar things happened to me twice at Wrigley Field...back-to-back Jose Hernandez HRs, and back-to-back Steve Buechele foul balls.

Dave Miedema

This was in BP or in an actual game?

frikativ54
05-25-2012, 07:48 PM
A number of years ago two fouls landed in the exact spot where two teen-aged girls were sitting, at a Class A minor-league game. The girls didn't even move; the balls virtually landed in their lap.(They weren't hurt). I was sitting nearby, and I got the impression from overhearing that it may have their first pro baseball game.

Cool story. Thanks for sharing. :D

sox83cubs84
05-25-2012, 09:17 PM
This was in BP or in an actual game?

Both BP inside Wrigley Field, 1990s era.

Dave Miedema