PDA

View Full Version : Eddie George game used helmet...or? Helmet expert needed!

Preston
05-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Hey guys,

I have the opportunity to purchase an Eddie George game used helmet, but I've never bought a game helmet before. Below are pics that I have (so far, I've asked the seller for more). I'm not sure if there's a way to date the helmet or if I need to look for any tell-tell signs in particular, but ANY help would be much appreciated!

So far I've got pics of the front and one of the sides, and the inside and of the top.

Preston
05-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Pics

tom1315
05-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Good morning Preston. I am not an "expert" but have 45 college and two NFL GU helmets so here are my thoughts...check Getty Images and AP Photos for pictures of George and see if you can match the year the helmet was worn.

Ask the seller the following...are there any recertification sticker(s) inside near a cheek pad and if so the year(s) showing. What are the numbers on each of the face mask clips...may be some and may be none showing...usually there are. What is the three capital letters on the face mask...will indicate date of manufacture and each of the above will narrow down to the season(s) worn.

After getting above really get detailed and look on the Getty and AP sites for where the decals are placed...on the left side is the decal in the pictures where sighted on the helmet? Does his face mask in the pictures match the placement of the ones on the rear? I purchased a Carolina Panthers helmet several years ago and it was authentic...just not worn by the player the seller thought and was told.

Blitzmaster and Shipp_96 along with Aeneas01 could also opine.

The provenance from the seller is many times key for me...as you have seen always do your homework...ask questions and research the player's characteristics...

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

tom1315
05-23-2012, 08:22 AM
One more thought...send an email to the Titan's equipment manager and ask for his help...his thoughts...sometimes they will help...sometimes not yet worth a try, too.

Go to the team website...may be able to find the email address easily or if not call the general number and tell the person what you are trying to accomplish.

Tom