PDA

View Full Version : Loving my TEAM

cubbs1232
05-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Besides their way overpriced items on the average players($400 being the cheapest jersey and $200 being their cheapest bat) this Rays team is an exciting team to watch.

They have 10 players on the DL, most of which were suppose to contribute, and they are still winning. They plug in players like Rich Thompson, Elliot Johnson, Will Rhyms, etc and they all seem to come through. You can see the passion these "journeymen" have for the game and its awesome. They are truly playing team ball.

Plus they all seem like they are having fun, from the manager on down.

brianborsch
05-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Agreed. They are my fav team too. They do it right from Maddon on down!

jake33
05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Indeed!

Also every year they get a relief pitcher off the scrap pile and somehow has an amazing season. With no pressure down in St. Pete mixed with no state income tax, Tropicana Field somehow becomes the Fountain of Youth for some guys.

sox83cubs84
05-24-2012, 01:08 PM
The Rays are fun to watch and, I admit, i root for them to make and do well in the postseason. Steve Henderson helped maintain my interest in the team when he was a coach in the old Devil Rays days. Aside from the Cubs and White Sox, they are among my favorites. One of my favorite items in my collection is from Hendu...a 1998 GU cap of his with the Inaugural Year logo on the left side (worn, from what I'm told, for the first homestand only).

Dave Miedema