PDA

View Full Version : Park or Train for U.S. Cellular Field

stdrwt11
05-28-2012, 09:42 PM
I will be staying in Rosemont and wanted to see a White Sox game. Would you suggest driving and parking (what is the parking like?), taking the train, or taxi (cost?)? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

sox83cubs84
05-28-2012, 10:21 PM
I will be staying in Rosemont and wanted to see a White Sox game. Would you suggest driving and parking (what is the parking like?), taking the train, or taxi (cost?)? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Taxi would be prohibitive. Parking is good, but the cops delight in sending you in the opposite direction from where you want to go afterwards. I'd recommend the CTA Blue Line train at Rosemont Station (River Rd. and the expressway. Buy a stored value card in one of the kiosks, put $4.50 on it and you can make the round trip for that much ($2.25 each way). There is a free transfer to the Red Line at Lake/Washington and also at Jackson...just go down the stairs and walk to the other end, then go upstairs. The transfer points are both subway...the train is elevated at Rosemont and in the median of the Dan Ryan Expressway by the ballpark.

What Sox game(s) is your group attending? Maybe I can link up with y'all.

Dave Miedema

stdrwt11
05-28-2012, 10:53 PM
What is your email Dave?

sox83cubs84
05-29-2012, 01:42 PM
What is your email Dave?

sox83cubs84@hotmail.com

jake33
05-31-2012, 10:10 AM
I prefer to drive, but i go to the Rays team hotel long before the game for autos every year. When i drive, I never park in the aprking lot. There is a church that I park at (on the steet) about 1.1 milesnorth of US Cellular. It is right next to a day care and a pretty ok area. And it is far enough away that there isn't a restrivtive parking for time frame. I will walk out of the stadium and right pass tons of cars in a line on the street that arent't moving at all. Wlk right o my car and loop around the traffic to get to I-94, really with no traffic.

Don't use the gas station by the stadium, believe I saw $5.00 a gallon prices there a few times.

Parking in the Sox lots are like $20 or more and a waste of time as well. There is only like 1 or 2 exits from the parking lots and getting out of there is ridiculous. Every time i will look for someone's car and try to spot where that car is by the time i am hitting the interstate and theya re always far behind me.

Like I said, i park about 1.1 miles to the north and it is like a clear shot to get out of there and loop around traffic.

sox83cubs84
06-05-2012, 03:58 PM
FAR IN ADVANCE WARNING FOR 2013!

The CTA, operator of the Red Line trains mentioned earlier in this thread, will be shutting down the Red Line for 5 months next spring and summer for track repairs. This will affect the station by U.S. Cellular Field, as well as all stations south of there to the terminal at 95th St., and The Cermak station north of the park. Again, this won't be til 2013, but note and file just in case.

Dave Miedema