PDA

View Full Version : JO Sports Suing Michael Vick

Eric
05-29-2012, 04:09 PM
http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2012/05/29/michael-vick-sued-breach-100000-contract/

Michael Vick Sued Over Breach of $100,000 Contract
by Tim McManus 5/29/12

The state of Nevada doesn’t agree with Michael Vick. There was the public backlash from his appearance at a local Toyota dealership over the weekend. And now this: J.O. Sports Company is suing Vick, alleging that he failed to live up to an agreement that paid the quarterback $101,500. Among the claims: Vick didn’t provide game-worn equipment and didn’t attend private signings, as laid out in the contract.

But Vick’s side says that it terminated its relationship with Jarrod Oldridge of J.O. Sports in October 2011 after learning that Oldridge had been indicted for fraudulent business practices. He was accused, among other things, of doctoring jerseys to make them appear game-worn to increase the value.

“My primary concern is for my fans,” said Vick through his P.R. firm. “If my fans want to buy game-used memorabilia, it is important that the merchandise is 100 percent authentic.”

Oldridge has since pleaded guilty to mail fraud, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years imprisonment and a fine as high as $250,000.

“I will not support a company that is accused of misleading fans,” said Vick. “It is an easy decision to make.”

It seems like smooth sailing in the other 49 states for Vick this summer. He is, of course, set to get married in Miami Beach on June 30th to his fiancée, Kijafa, and will squeeze in a Celebrity Golf Tournament at Stone Harbor Golf Club June 18th to raise funds for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport News, Virginia and Philadelphia.

In another positive development for the 31-year-old signal-caller, Vick is expected to be off probation in the very near future. There are business ventures on the horizon also; we’ll detail them for you soon.

Eric
05-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Here's a link to the lawsuit

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/05/29/Vick.pdf

both-teams-played-hard
05-29-2012, 07:30 PM
JO Sports and Michael Vick are the two most vitriolic subjects on this forum. Ever.

ivo610
05-29-2012, 07:33 PM
JO Sports and Michael Vick are the two most vitriolic subjects on this forum. Ever.

Pretty sure Lou holds that title

Preston
05-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Just think if we had a 16-subject playoff for vitriolic champion of the board, I bet Lou would be the runaway #1 seed.

(anyone else have other teams to play? ha ha ha)

otismalibu
05-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Nah, Lou wouldn't even make the top 5.

sox83cubs84
05-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Just think if we had a 16-subject playoff for vitriolic champion of the board, I bet Lou would be the runaway #1 seed.

(anyone else have other teams to play? ha ha ha)

Mike Schultz, AMI, Elite Sports, Historic Auctions, and UPS could fill several slots on the brackets.

Dave Miedema

34swtns
05-30-2012, 09:52 PM
And me. Don't forget me. ;)

David
05-31-2012, 01:19 AM
If Vick cashed the check, he has to follow up with the contract stipulations. It would seem. That he's offended with dealing with a felon seems a bit dubious-- as the article says Vick is still on probation.

Just my take/opinion.

David
05-31-2012, 01:21 AM
I should add that I appreciate Vick's point of view. It's not in his PR best of interests to have a signing session with a person convicted of memorabilia fraud.

legaleagle92481
05-31-2012, 11:06 AM
The merits of the suit depend on the contract's termination clause if there was one and if it was followed by Vick.

legaleagle92481
05-31-2012, 11:07 AM
If Vick cashed the check, he has to follow up with the contract stipulations. It would seem. That he's offended with dealing with a felon seems a bit dubious-- as the article says Vick is still on probation.

Just my take/opinion.

He doesn't have to go that far. Merely signing the contract is enough to bind him.

COWBOYS4EVR
05-31-2012, 09:31 PM
With Vick being on parole, and him consorting with a now going
to be convicted person would that violate his parole?
Maybe its his way out of the contract, besides JO is selling his stuff
on clearance. Jarod probibly lost his ass on his stuff and is trying to recoupe.
What better way to make your money back......

Mattapan03
06-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Is JO Sports going to fold? They havent gotten in new items in forever, and most teams have severed ties with them.

legaleagle92481
06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Is JO Sports going to fold? They havent gotten in new items in forever, and most teams have severed ties with them.

It is the offseason they never get items in in the offseason as there are no new items to get. We will all have to wait and see how it unfolds.