xpress34
05-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Ok so Braun is picking up right where he left off last year and is
tearing it up. Did he redeem himself to the point where his GU items
are back where it was before the positive PED test. (that has since been
overturned but never forgotten)

Goh -

What's up?

Don't forget, it was overturned on a technicality. Braun never denied taking anything that was on the banned substance list, he simply stated that he was confident it would be overturned.

He never proved that the positive test was wrong - regardless of how the substance was handled. The 2nd (or re-test) still showed elevated levels of synthetic testosterone.

Since then, the sample collector was fired and after the hearing, MLB fired the arbitrator who sided with Braun.

I don't care if it was for a medical condition (herpes and other rumors stirred up). At that level, YOU as a player should know EVERYTHING that is going into your body and so should you 'Doctor' since they should know your profession and about the banned substances.

Personally, I think he did use something - I don't know if it was medical related or not - and when he was found guilty, he found a scape goat in the form of the sample collector.

And in the AL, Manny is about to be eligible again... what a freaking joke. He runs away from his 2nd positive test and the punishment - quitting on his team, his team mates, and the game and Bud Selig sees fit to reduce his penalty for 'time away' from the game? It's not like something happened to cause that time away, he QUIT and if he was any type of man, he would serve his full 100 days.

- Smitty

OaklandAsFan
05-30-2012, 01:21 AM
well if its any consolation it may be 100 days before Manny sees an MLB uniform. He is "day to day" in the club deciding if he will get called up and his bat speed is pretty slow right now (I watched several of his AB's while he was playing extended ST the last 2 months)

Pretty telling when a team that is flirting with the lowest team batting average in history won't bring a guy up with 555 career HR's......

xpress34
05-30-2012, 08:55 AM
well if its any consolation it may be 100 days before Manny sees an MLB uniform. He is "day to day" in the club deciding if he will get called up and his bat speed is pretty slow right now (I watched several of his AB's while he was playing extended ST the last 2 months)

Pretty telling when a team that is flirting with the lowest team batting average in history won't bring a guy up with 555 career HR's......

As a Disabled Vet who busted my @$$ for 12 years in the AF and still busting my @$$ in the real world, it's not much consolation when even he is making what 1/2 a million as a AAA player without really serving a suspension...

Not trying to sound bitter, but as a fan of the game, it gets more disheartening every year as these guys become bigger prima-donnas and get more and more molly-coddled while treating the fans like crap.

But I agree that he may have sealed his own MLB fate being away for so long.

happyyoungster
05-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Ok so Braun is picking up right where he left off last year and is
tearing it up. Did he redeem himself to the point where his GU items
are back where it was before the positive PED test. (that has since been
overturned but never forgotten)

Getting back on point to the original poster of this thread:

Braun's items never dipped. I've been buying his stuff since 2007 and it's been a steady climb upward. Even after the whole failed drug test, his items were rarely brought to the market and if they were, they still carried a premium. Technicality or not, the kid can flat out rake.

gnishiyama
05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
I wasn't aware his items never dipped. I was assuming people were
just riding out the storm rather than dump his items at a big loss.

Regardless of what he took and assuming he's not taking whatever
it was right now, my point was that it didn't seem to have any positive
or negative impact on his numbers but I doubt the same can be
said on the impact it had on his fans/collectors.

It's unfortunate but I'm sure I am in the majority when I say I'm still skeptical
and will never be able to get past the whole incident especially
with how it played it out at the end as Smitty pointed out.