PDA

View Full Version : JO Sports sentencing?

sox83cubs84
05-30-2012, 02:53 PM
If I recall correctly, Jarrod Oldridge was supposed to be sentenced early this month. Has anyone seen or heard a result?

Dave Miedema

nycpropain
06-03-2012, 09:20 PM
All I can currently find is the plea he signed.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/pr/rockford/2011/pr1121_01a.pdf

trsent
06-06-2012, 09:37 AM
If I recall correctly, Jarrod Oldridge was supposed to be sentenced early this month. Has anyone seen or heard a result?

Dave Miedema

Dave, don't you think if any news of this came out that it would be reported in Collector's Sports Daily by now? If I were you, I'd contact Jarrod and ask him the status. He even offers a toll free phone number so the call is free.

Here is his contact information:

3925 W. Cheyenne Ave.
Suite 407
North Las Vegas, NV 89032

Office: 702-463-4425
Toll Free: 1-866-410-3860

BU54CB
06-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Dave, don't you think if any news of this came out that it would be reported in Collector's Sports Daily by now? If I were you, I'd contact Jarrod and ask him the status. He even offers a toll free phone number so the call is free.

Here is his contact information:

3925 W. Cheyenne Ave.
Suite 407
North Las Vegas, NV 89032

Office: 702-463-4425
Toll Free: 1-866-410-3860

Seriously?

Preston
06-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Seriously?

I'm going to go out on a HUGE limb and say it was a joke...

My thoughts - when his sentencing goes down, WE WILL HEAR about it to the point of exhaustion. I'm sure it likely has been given a continuance date by the court but it hasn't been publicized as to when the sentencing will take place.

BU54CB
06-07-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm going to go out on a HUGE limb and say it was a joke...

My thoughts - when his sentencing goes down, WE WILL HEAR about it to the point of exhaustion. I'm sure it likely has been given a continuance date by the court but it hasn't been publicized as to when the sentencing will take place.

I agree with your thoughts, but I doubt the post was a joke IMO.

trsent
06-07-2012, 08:48 AM
I agree with your thoughts, but I doubt the post was a joke IMO.

If you could read my mind

I don't care why your opinion is, by the way on my post. I made my comment and take it as a joke or take is seriously, but if anyone wants to know, call the guy - He is still in business and should answer questions about his issues so people can feel conformable spending money with him, right?

And yes, I was confused why my friend Dave posted asking if anyone heard of the sentencing as I'm 99% sure as soon as it is made public, it will be all over this forum and Sports Collector's Daily. Also, I'm pretty sure Eric will come out of hiding and be the first to break the story.

dplettn
06-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I've found that game used collector's often enjoy research rather than waiting for somebody to write something up.

Accordingly, please know that court records are more often than not accessible at Pacer.gov (http://www.pacer.gov/). To the best of my recall, documents cost 10 cents a page and $10 worth of access quarterly is basically free to small individual users.

One of the neat things about doing your own research on Pacer is that you can see more filings than just those which may or may not be posted or highlighted elsewhere.

Personally, I've known all I need to know about JO for a long time. I haven't bothered to look to see whether some or all of this case's filings are sealed or not, because I don't care.

But for all of you, I hope sourcing court records electronically may help you to do whatever research you might want not only for this case, but anytime desirable in your lives.

BU54CB
06-07-2012, 07:17 PM
If you could read my mind

I don't care why your opinion is, by the way on my post. I made my comment and take it as a joke or take is seriously, but if anyone wants to know, call the guy - He is still in business and should answer questions about his issues so people can feel conformable spending money with him, right?

And yes, I was confused why my friend Dave posted asking if anyone heard of the sentencing as I'm 99% sure as soon as it is made public, it will be all over this forum and Sports Collector's Daily. Also, I'm pretty sure Eric will come out of hiding and be the first to break the story.

I don't really care what your opinion is either, I took it as condescending and didn't think it was necessary.

I'd really be surprised that if you called JO that you'd actually get Jarrod. If he did actually get on the phone to discuss his issues with customers, I'm quite sure it would be a standard response crafted by his lawyers as he'd be foolish to discuss the case publicly while his case is still pending.

cfnnb9
06-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Not trying to stir this debate up but did anyone else get the email that they sent out? Everything being 40+ percent off and that all A tier players were pending purchase from a single person?

dplettn
06-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Not trying to stir this debate up but did anyone else get the email that they sent out? Everything being 40+ percent off and that all A tier players were pending purchase from a single person?

Thankfully, I’ve been removed from their e-mail list.
GU collectors are smart enough to realize that JO is likely to sell or transfer what portions of their business (desirable inventory, team contracts that can be assigned, consumer lists, billable accounts, etc) have ongoing economic value to a new or existing business.

Separate from the character and business practices that caught up with JO (as I anticipated), there was an innovative business model which achieved monopolistic pricing power.

Expect the equity owners of JO Sports to try and maximize the value of transferring whatever they can transfer… and that isn’t just inventory. Whomever the person (or entity) would be that is buying "all A tier players", it would be foolish to anticipate it being anything other than an alternate selling venue.

So much of the pricing power in JO's business model came from the monopolistic pricing power that it would be wise to anticipate that such "A tier" inventory will stay together in whatever business or person operating as a business might come to possess it.

cfnnb9
06-08-2012, 10:23 AM
The thing I find weird about the "A tier players" is that they say that they were all removed from the site because of the purchase. I went to the website to see what A tier players they were and I still see Tebow, Hali, Lewis, and many others. Those seem like A tier players to me.

zybu_s
06-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I got the email late last night. Private, email-only solicitation, so it says.

bxbomber13
06-08-2012, 02:20 PM
It seems like the lack of business is finally catching up.

snick33
06-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Well I just had to Ask. I have delt with this guys Lance in the past. I got the e mail. So I asked about Steelers items. Quicker than ever I got a reply. Has a few Mike Wallace jerseys. 2500.00 that is with the discount. Shoes 500 and gloves 250. I saw these a few months ago as a set for 5000 and 6000. I dont know the whole story behind Jo Sports. I have read a few things. All I can say is from my experience. I bought a pair of cleats which the player confirmed they were his.

BrianK
06-08-2012, 04:10 PM
The thing I find weird about the "A tier players" is that they say that they were all removed from the site because of the purchase. I went to the website to see what A tier players they were and I still see Tebow, Hali, Lewis, and many others. Those seem like A tier players to me.

Could be the result of confusing language: "All of our A-tier jersey are not actively posted on the website." This could mean NONE are posted, or it could mean ONLY SOME are posted.

Mattapan03
06-08-2012, 06:26 PM
I never got any discounted email, and as far as I can tell, Ive always been on their email blasts.

legaleagle92481
06-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Their stuff is good. I have never had a problem with $20,000 plus in purchases. They have some great deals going right now.

nycpropain
06-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Their stuff is good. I have never had a problem with $20,000 plus in purchases. They have some great deals going right now.

Spoken like a true investor. If they are so good why are the FBI speaking with them?

legaleagle92481
06-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Spoken like a true investor. If they are so good why are the FBI speaking with them?

This case dealt with stuff 2008 and before. That was before their team partnerships. The current stuff is fine. Most of the jerseys they sell are from the team parternships that come with a team issued coa. They also obtain stuff directly from players like Roddy White, Mike Wallace, Arian Foster, Vick, Ward, Tomlinson and others that come signed and inscribed with the date of the game and "game used" inscribed by the player. Most of their stuff is unwashed and easily photomatchable. With the FBI watching him and his sentence still pending do you really think JO is going to sell fake stuff at this point?

Preston
06-14-2012, 11:22 AM
FWIW I purchased a game worn Titans jersey that was easily photomatched from JO's "personal collection" - Robert had contacted me about it and I photomatched it myself (which I've never been able to do very well) easily.

While there's definitely crimes that have been committed (enough to plead guilty), I think he's under the microscope SO much right now that there's NO way anything that leaves that building is fake at this point.

I've purchased several things from them, and have never had any problems (I know, "spoken like a true investor"), but I hardly believe Terdell Sands' jersey is going to get tons of fake use and wear. If I were to believe that, I'm also betting money the moon is full every night, Santa Claus is alive and so is Elvis. Oh, and Tupac, too.

swainer
06-14-2012, 12:05 PM
If I were to believe that, I'm also betting money the moon is full every night, Santa Claus is alive and so is Elvis. Oh, and Tupac, too.

WAIT! Santa died? That's a bummer!

Dave!!! Update the obit post!!!
:)

34swtns
06-15-2012, 10:49 PM

"True investor" #2 here.

$10,000+ spent with JO Sports.......zero problems.

nycpropain
06-16-2012, 12:27 AM
"True investor" #2 here.

$10,000+ spent with JO Sports.......zero problems.

Well besides them faking game use on jerseys and losing what reputation they had yes, zero problems for you. But hey who cares about the people who got burnt as long as its not you right?

ivo610
06-16-2012, 01:12 AM
This case dealt with stuff 2008 and before. That was before their team partnerships. The current stuff is fine. Most of the jerseys they sell are from the team parternships that come with a team issued coa. They also obtain stuff directly from players like Roddy White, Mike Wallace, Arian Foster, Vick, Ward, Tomlinson and others that come signed and inscribed with the date of the game and "game used" inscribed by the player. Most of their stuff is unwashed and easily photomatchable. With the FBI watching him and his sentence still pending do you really think JO is going to sell fake stuff at this point?

once shame on you, twice shame on me.

Preston
06-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Sadly this thread is starting to shift back to "JO Sucks" vs. "JO is the greatest thing since sliced bread." Where you stand on it, I DO NOT CARE. Re-read the title of the thread - "JO Sports Sentencing?" - I think that's what we should focus on on this thread to eliminate further disagreement. Just my two pesos

solarlottry
06-17-2012, 03:07 AM
Obviously there are going to be multiple opinions on the entire JO situation and to some extent ALL of them have some degree of validity.

Whether or not you purchase something from JO at this point is purely personal preference but I tend to agree with Preston. I think that anything that leaves his place of business at this point had better be absolutely genuine or he may find himself in even deeper trouble.

Jared has no one but himself to blame but the majority of their inventory was legit. In this business/hobby all it takes is one bad item to ruin one's reputation though and JO has no doubt, done that. It is a travesty that his business was/is completely destroyed by the very person who started it and JO has to live with that. That being said there are a number of items that JO is selling that are legit and are probably good bargains right about now.

Would I take Jared's word as golden-absolutely not but after doing my own extensive homework on an item I was interested in, and it checked out, I would consider buying it.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ALL 1994 49er GU items!
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

sox83cubs84
06-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Sadly this thread is starting to shift back to "JO Sucks" vs. "JO is the greatest thing since sliced bread." Where you stand on it, I DO NOT CARE. Re-read the title of the thread - "JO Sports Sentencing?" - I think that's what we should focus on on this thread to eliminate further disagreement. Just my two pesos

I totally agree!

Dave Miedema