PDA

View Full Version : grey flannel

prichmond
06-01-2012, 09:57 AM
any one buy anything in the last grey flannel? seems like prices were solid. Love all the ABA items. I looked but didn't buy

Pete

slab0meat
06-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Got one. Will post when it arrives. Wanted five other items, which all got too expensive for me, as I'm not full of extra cash for higher end items.

Really would have liked the old red Indians jersey, even if it was a coach's jersey.

halzeus
06-01-2012, 10:42 AM
I won the University of Michigan basketball lot two game jerseys and two vintage warm up jackets.

tom1315
06-01-2012, 11:39 AM
I bid on several items yet only came away with the 2009 Bradie James Cowboys helmet. They had many nice items and still seeking the person who may have bought the lot of college baseball jerseys/shorts in the "late additions" group.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

solarlottry
06-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I won the 1994 Deion Sanders game worn Braves jersey.

I did some research and think I have matched it up to the 5/7/1994 game. Once I get the shirt I will do some additional digging and try for a more definitive match.

How does everyone bid when it comes to GF auctions? Do you put in a high bid and hope you win or just follow along and raise your bid if you are outbid? I wonder if GF does what AMI does and raise bids up to a concealed reserve? Is the reserve posted the actual reserve?

Why I ask is because there were 2 Deion BB gamers for auction and one saw little action but the one where I had placed a fairly high max bid, saw a fair amount of bidding. Obviously this could be tied to the item itself but I wonder if GF, seeing our max bids, does not bid the item up to but not to exceed, our max bids? I do not think this is the case but who knows...

Always buying 49er gamers and all 1994 49er game worn items.
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

dcgreg25
06-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I came away with four items from the Hershiser collection including the blue alternate Indians World Series jersey which I matched to a DVD of the game, Indians game used glove, game used Indians hats and 1997 Team Signed World Series bat. There were a few other items I wanted to add as well but these were the ones at the top of my list.

esquiresports
06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
I won the 1994 Deion Sanders game worn Braves jersey.

I did some research and think I have matched it up to the 5/7/1994 game. Once I get the shirt I will do some additional digging and try for a more definitive match.

How does everyone bid when it comes to GF auctions? Do you put in a high bid and hope you win or just follow along and raise your bid if you are outbid? I wonder if GF does what AMI does and raise bids up to a concealed reserve? Is the reserve posted the actual reserve?

Why I ask is because there were 2 Deion BB gamers for auction and one saw little action but the one where I had placed a fairly high max bid, saw a fair amount of bidding. Obviously this could be tied to the item itself but I wonder if GF, seeing our max bids, does not bid the item up to but not to exceed, our max bids? I do not think this is the case but who knows...

Always buying 49er gamers and all 1994 49er game worn items.
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

I doubt Grey Flannel does that. I won three All Star baseballs from the Hershiser collection for a little less than my maximum bid. I got outbid on everything else. I was watching the Deion jerseys. Very cool.

I thought I had a really good chance at the Kobe at around $20K. Boy was I wrong.

solarlottry
06-01-2012, 10:19 PM
I tend to agree that it is doubtful that GF would essentially bid up it's own lots.

I just found it interesting that the Deion shirt I was bidding on was bid way up, whereas the Reds Deion saw little action. It may be the fact that I was able to find an apparent photo match somewhat easily as well as the presence of the 1994 MLB patch.

1994 was also a pretty good year for Deion in that he won the Super Bowl with the 49ers, won defensive player of the year in the NFL and played baseball.

I will post images of the Deion once I receive it.

Always buying 49ers gamers
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

short84
06-02-2012, 12:48 PM
I was interested in the Cowboys helmets. I submitted the required information to become a bidder but never heard back from them. Does that mean I have been rejected or does it simply take a more time for them to review submitted information?

tom1315
06-02-2012, 02:38 PM
I was interested in the Cowboys helmets. I submitted the required information to become a bidder but never heard back from them. Does that mean I have been rejected or does it simply take a more time for them to review submitted information?

That is unusual. I would call them at the number listed on their main website. See what the issue is and then get it resolved to bid next time. Grey Flannel has been very good to deal with from my experience and responsive to any emails or calls I have placed.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

short84
06-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you. I will contact them and see what the problem is.

Mulligans
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Not exactly game used but pretty close.....I got the original Script to "Gilligans Island"....I'm Gonna frame it and put it right next to my final script to "Happy Days".

I hope I'm not dating myself:)

jppopma
06-02-2012, 09:45 PM
I won the University of Michigan basketball lot two game jerseys and two vintage warm up jackets.

Glad they went to a true fan. I was looking at the lot, but found myself out of town and missed the end of the auction.

At least I won a Clippers lot with a Vaught jersey with my initial bid.

halzeus
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Glad they went to a true fan. I was looking at the lot, but found myself out of town and missed the end of the auction.

At least I won a Clippers lot with a Vaught jersey with my initial bid.

Do you know any history about the Michigan jerseys or warm up jackets? I found some pics from the game, but couldn't find anything on the jackets.

You can email me at authentic_wolverine@yahoo.com

Thanks

sox83cubs84
06-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Not exactly game used but pretty close.....I got the original Script to "Gilligans Island"....I'm Gonna frame it and put it right next to my final script to "Happy Days".

I hope I'm not dating myself:)

You are....but that's OK, as I could say the same for myself.;)

Dave Miedema

LMU
06-03-2012, 01:20 AM
I came away with four items from the Hershiser collection including the blue alternate Indians World Series jersey which I matched to a DVD of the game, Indians game used glove, game used Indians hats and 1997 Team Signed World Series bat. There were a few other items I wanted to add as well but these were the ones at the top of my list.

The blue alternate jersey is a beautiful jersey. If you ever wish to move it let me know. Was it photo matched to a dugout photo, as I believe the Indians did not wear this jersey during the two games he pitched (Game 1 and 5)? I won the GU Hershiser World Series hat. I did play on the 1971 Cherry Hill Atlantic Little League team with Orel (still have my trophy and LL schedule) as well as high school ball at Chery Hill East.

dcgreg25
06-04-2012, 09:45 AM
The blue alternate jersey is a beautiful jersey. If you ever wish to move it let me know. Was it photo matched to a dugout photo, as I believe the Indians did not wear this jersey during the two games he pitched (Game 1 and 5)? I won the GU Hershiser World Series hat. I did play on the 1971 Cherry Hill Atlantic Little League team with Orel (still have my trophy and LL schedule) as well as high school ball at Chery Hill East.

He wore it in Game 1.

mickeymbz
09-29-2012, 12:43 PM

LMU... please send me your email address at mickeymbz@comcast.net
would like to ask you a question thanks