Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 70to66
    • Sep 2007

Glomar Bats Question

Does anyone have any knowledge about glomar bats? Did they ever print team logos on players bats?
    Thanks
    70to66
  • MSpecht
    • Oct 2005

Re: Glomar Bats Question

Not an exact answer to your question but team names on the barrel label below the player's name have been authenticated and documented. If you are specifically asking about team logos other than the name, maybe someone else can chime in. In the meantime, here are some interesting historical aspects re: Glomar Bats:

Post # 2
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=6878&highlight=glomar+swap+meet

Post # 12 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=4491&highlight=glomar

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Comment

• BO34
      • Oct 2005

Hi I have a Glomar bat of Bo Jackson when he was with the Angels.

It has the team name spelled out and there is a halo over the A in Angels.

Hope that helps.

Email: BoJackson34@live. Com

Comment

• 70to66
        • Sep 2007

Thanks for the replies, the bat is a braves player and on the back of the barrell there is a braves logo with a tomahawk. The players name and model number are on the front. I've only owned one Glomar bat and had never seen this before.
        Thanks
        70to66

Comment

• gameused
          • Nov 2005

I have a Ryan Klesko GLomar bat with the Braves "Tomahawk" logo on the back barrel.

Bobby
          Attached Files

Comment

• 70to66
            • Sep 2007

Thanks gameused that is what I was asking about.

Comment

• soxbats
              • Dec 2005

I have a Canseco Glomar with a Red Sox logo on it.

Comment

• Nnunnari
                Banned
                • Sep 2006

Cool Klesko Bobby. That is one of the original Glomars with the small stars. Glomars were very popular amongst Brave players because of Klesko and Charlie O'Brien.
                It's a shame Glomar's no longer around, they were a very nice, family run business and would make any kind of bat for me when I was younger.

Comment

• murfsteve25
                  • Oct 2008

Yea i remember seeing a Javy Lopez bat for sale a while ago that had the Braves logo on it. Glomar are nice bats and were used a lot by Braves players in the mid to late 90's. There are even photos of Chipper having used Glomar.
                  Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• joelsabi
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Nnunnari
                    Cool Klesko Bobby. That is one of the original Glomars with the small stars. Glomars were very popular amongst Brave players because of Klesko and Charlie O'Brien.
                    It's a shame Glomar's no longer around, they were a very nice, family run business and would make any kind of bat for me when I was younger.
                    glomar is still around. according to Mario, they used to have team logos on the sweet spot of their bats but this practice was discontinued because the bat company had to pay MLB to use the team logos, which would increase the cost of manufacturing the bats. i imagine most if not all bat companies bypass team logos on their professional bats for this reason.

any other examples of bat companies using team logos on mlb player bats?
                    Regards,
                    Joel S.
                    joelsabi @ gmail.com
                    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

Working...