PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fellow GUU Members!

jbean023
06-11-2012, 04:05 PM
All,

I attend a Chicago Cubs road trip every year, this year was in Minnesota this past weekend. During the game Alfonso Soriano hit 2 HRs, the first went to center hit the black wall and landed on the T in Twins. I watched the ball all game and after the game asked the heads groundskeeper if he would get me the ball for me. He said that it was my lucky night because the mlb authenticator wasnt at the game. I seen him climb up and grab it then brought it to me. I looked when I got back to the hotel and realized that the HR Ball was #350. I was hopinf one of you amazing photo matchers could email some close stills of the ball so I could check it out to make sure the ball is the right one.

thank you all very much
Jacob

Email is jbean_15@hotmail.com

jbean023
06-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Bump!

nycpropain
06-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Baseball are nearly impossible. And even with your great story, its just that.

jbean023
06-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Bump

Rob L
06-16-2012, 11:01 PM
99.99% impossible. A bad time to not have an authenticator at the game!

jbean023
06-16-2012, 11:34 PM
I don't really care to have it authenticated, I just want some photos of the pitch. I'm a big Soriano collector so I would never get rid of the ball. I have photos of the ball laying in the grass. Great night to not have the authenticator I would of never got the ball.

cliffjmp33
06-17-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm with the majority on the toughness to pinpoint/freeze a frame to actually match the ball.

One thought though is if you have your own photos of the ball on the grass, maybe someone with MLBTV can get a couple screen captures of the ball when it came to rest, if the broadcast showed it on the grass. Not sure you can "match" it by placement in that sense, but just offering another idea.

ballhawknet
06-17-2012, 04:48 AM
I watched both the home and away telecasts and at no time did they show the ball on the grass . Sometimes they will give you a shot of the pitcher with the ball in his hand in between pitches but no luck there either .

Also , and this really has nothing to do with your ball ( maybe ) , but many times ...dozens actually , Ive watched stadium personnel give away a different ball . Ive even seen players do it. Pocket the real ball while tossing up a fake. This is mostly at US Cellular when the ball lands in the bullpens or in the gap between the bleachers and the stands in left and center field areas but Ive seen it at other parks as well.

So if you didn't see the guy pick it up and follow the ball in his hand all the way ... there is a chance it could be a different ball.

And how is it there is no authenticator ? Do they not have back ups in case someone doesn't show ? What if there is a no hitter or something that needs to be authenticated ? I bet they set aside some game balls and have them " authenticated " later .

jbean023
06-19-2012, 07:23 PM
No I followed the ball the whole game. The ball hit the wall and landed on the T in Twins in center. I walked down from my seats standing on the 3rd base wall. I asked the heads groundskeeper if I could have the ball and he asked is it still there and I said yeah I watched it all game and took photos of the ball before I came down to the wall. He said alright let me get a guy to get it for you, then a younger kid came by asked where the ball where I said on the T in center field grass he went out grabbed the ball then tossed it to the head groundskeeper in which handed it to me. I was the last person out of the stadium they had already kicked everyone else out. I know that its the ball I just want a close up photo to put with the ball.

Thanks

jbean023
06-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I just thought there would be someone on here that knows an mlb photographer or how to get in contact with a photographer that was at the twins/cubs series.

jbean023
06-19-2012, 07:36 PM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gp/146006868.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QYV07egidS%2f1q7qX7%2f%2buEU u4SGTXb3Gckir4szFLuitd (http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/ben-revere-of-the-minnesota-twins-watches-a-ball-hit-by-news-photo/146006868)

I would just like a closer image