PDA

View Full Version : Phillies ST Jersey Question

Klattsy
06-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Hi All,

I am possibly going to buy a 2009 Phillies ST jersey, MLB Authenticated as "issued" though.

This particular player only played 1 game and i'm pretty sure the game was a "red" jersey game, not a "blue" like the one I am looking at.

My question is - when else could a "blue" jersey have been worn? Do they rotate the jersey's each day? Where they issued with a few of each colour? I am just trying to gauge what chance this would have of being actually used or is it more likely just issued?

Here is the auction incase you where wondering, it is Joel Naughton -
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260915921876?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_650wt_952

Even though he says he bought in 2011, Joel wore #79 to Phillies ST in 2009.

Thanks,

sox83cubs84
06-12-2012, 02:01 PM
I believe the red BP/ST Phillies jerseys are for home use, and the blue ones are worn on the road.

Dave Miedema

Klattsy
06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks Dave, I had figured that much. If they are practicing in them though, what would dictate when each colour was worn? I mean Joel had 1 AB all ST, but surely he was wearing BP tops other days? I have asked the seller to describe any usage as that would sway my decision, especially for a catcher, you would expect some rub marks from the gear.

Mark.

Rickphils1
06-17-2012, 09:02 PM
The Phillies sell jerseys like this at their annual holiday sales and there is never any information detailing any use unless it was seen coming off the player's back in the locker room. The use for that day only is on the hologram. The Phillies used to have red BP jerseys for home games and blue for road games but that stopped a couple of years ago when they went to red only. If the jersey was worn in a spring training game it could have been a major or minor league game. The price in the auction is cheap enough that you would be getting it less than if you had one made up. Moreover, since they don't use the blue ones anymore, not sure you could get a new one if you wanted. Since he didn't play in a real regular season game, not sure the value for issue is any different than used in a spring game.