Alex Rodriguez' 24th Grandslam Baseball...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

Alex Rodriguez' 24th Grandslam Baseball...

... Your thought on the following questions.

1. Would the team/MLB special marked the baseballs for this event?

It is a pretty significant milestone in my opinion. And not too many current players would have a chance to break it any time soon.

2. What is the price/worth, would you put on this baseball - special marked or not?

If it is special marked and be authenticated as such, I would say about $10K - $15k. It might go for more if the public has a chance to bid on it.

If it is not, most likely - the team security or Alex security would ask to trade for it. Alex is a known collector for his significant milestone baseballs. I was at the stadium when Alex people were asking to retrieve back the 590-599 HR baseball.

3. If you caught it, what would you do?

I would give it back to Alex for a couple game used bats, jersey and (especially) fielding glove - always want one of those.

and if I dont get what I want, there is always an auction house willing to help me getting what I want, right?
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

Re: Alex Rodriguez' 24th Grandslam Baseball...

No. 23 is returned to Alex for a meet-and-greet and game used package.

Now that is cool.

Comment

• schubert1970
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by marino13
      No. 23 is returned to Alex for a meet-and-greet and game used package.

Now that is cool.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06/...and-slam-ball/
      Wonder how much A-hole will charge the kid. Due to the roids, I could care less about anything he does.M

Comment

• marino13
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by schubert1970
        Wonder how much A-hole will charge the kid. Due to the roids, I could care less about anything he does.M

Maybe he should have wait to send in his testing results on Monday - just like Ryan Braun.

I wonder, who do you collect? And how do you positively sure that they didnt use ANY type of enhancement?

Or is it that they didnt get caught doing it?

Just wondering!

NO one is clean in my book. They all have something to hide. We all choose to collect and "overlooked".

Comment

• joelsabi
          • Aug 2005

... Your thought on the following questions.

1. Would the team/MLB special marked the baseballs for this event?
          An interesting thought. Marked balls would only come into play when Alex Rodriguez is at bat when the bases are loaded. It's doable. Most of the time marked baseballs are for any at bat for a player without a set on base scenario so it's a matter of MLB having some foresight and wanting to document and verify the baseball. Very doable but will MLB implement a specially marked ball for such an possible record event.

Should the value of the baseball be any different? I think it matters whether its a clean catch or if a diving into the crowd of fan for a loose baseball. There are so many fans as witnesses so there is a good possibility that the baseball can be recovered honestly. Also it could go into a non fan area which would be less questionable.
          Regards,
          Joel S.
          joelsabi @ gmail.com
          Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

I sure would love to own his 24th Career Grand Slam bat!
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• schubert1970
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by 3arod13
              Make him an offer, you never know and at least you know you'll get a bat. I just think the guy is a turd and so are his stats. Over inflated just like his ego.

Comment

• yanks12025
                • Jan 2006

Make him an offer, you never know and at least you know you'll get a bat. I just think the guy is a turd and so are his stats. Over inflated just like his ego.

Aren't you a rose fan, and he never cheated or gambled on the game. Enough said

Comment

• marino13
                  • Feb 2010

If I caught the "special marked" baseball - the actual bat that hit the 24th Career GS wont be the only item I will be asking!

The jersey off his back along with the batting glove from the at bat - SIGNED and INSCRIBED as such.

The baseball itself would be more valuable to Alex and I dont think what I am asking for in return is not do-able.

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Why is it that you feel the need to post comments like this? If you don't like a player, that's fine. But when people make a post like Joel did, it doesn't call for you or anyone else to jump in with comments like this about the player. This is one of the main reasons I don't post often.
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• schubert1970
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by yanks12025
                      Aren't you a rose fan, and he never cheated or gambled on the game. Enough said
                      Rose being compared to A-Roids for cheating. Talk about a stretch.

Comment

• schubert1970
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Why is it that you feel the need to post comments like this? If you don't like a player, that's fine. But when people make a post like Joel did, it doesn't call for you or anyone else to jump in with comments like this about the player. This is one of the main reasons I don't post often.

My comment was sarcastic based upon how a-roids over charges everyone for everything. Lighten up.

Comment

• marino13
                          • Feb 2010

Alex would have over-charged if you were paying. But since you are NOT paying, then how is he over-charged?

I would personally would not spend a dime (that is 10 pennies) not a slang term for $10 on any of ROSE stuff. He is an ass in my book and always will be.

He oversigned a couple items from collectors in the past. I was on line to wait for my turn and as soon as I saw that, I just got off the line and demand my money back for the autograph tickets!

And if I get any of his stuff, I will personally DESTROYED them and put it on YOUTUBE for someone like you to cry over.

Comment

• schubert1970
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Alex would have over-charged if you were paying. But since you are NOT paying, then how is he over-charged?

I would personally would not spend a dime (that is 10 pennies) not a slang term for $10 on any of ROSE stuff. He is an ass in my book and always will be.

He oversigned a couple items from collectors in the past. I was on line to wait for my turn and as soon as I saw that, I just got off the line and demand my money back for the autograph tickets!

And if I get any of his stuff, I will personally DESTROYED them and put it on YOUTUBE for someone like you to cry over.
                            Don't know if you can pay for his stuff using your food stamps, but hey good luck

Comment

• 3arod13
                              • Apr 2006

Why ruin a good post like this with your trash talking? I wish the moderators would suspend people or kick them out for this type of stuff. Or maybe create at new area called “Trash Talking” so we can keep this type of mess out of all serious and good posts.
                              Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

Working...