X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Thurman Munson Autograph

Hi
    I was looking around on ebay today and seen a nice yankee ball. And it was signed by thurman munson but i dont know if its a real thurman or a clubhouse autograph. I know i seen autographed thurman munson balls like the one in the photo but i also have seen was that were long and looked more like the name thurman munson. So maybe some one can help me out. Thanks

• MooseDog
    • Dec 2005

Re: Thurman Munson Autograph

I think the Munson is a bit dubious. The fact that it's in a different pen and kind of scrunched in between other sigs is problematic too. The big killer for me is the M in Munson. He usually starts the M with a flowing upward stroke.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
      • Oct 2005

FYI, Mike Gutierrez has 3 BB's auto'd by Munson up for auction right now, and all start with the down stroke that this one shows.

On the other hand, I do agree that this auto seems scrunched and forced and I, myself, would stay away from it.

Ken

Comment

• ballofbases@hotmail.com
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

The Munson signature looks authentic to me. I had a '78 Yankees ball that had an identical Munson signature to the one you are discussing. The ball I had in my posession passed authentication by PSA/DNA. When it comes to the placement of the signature on the ball, it may have just been one of the last signatures added.

Michael
        Ballofbases@Hotmail.com
        __________________________________________________ ______________

Comment

Working...