PDA

View Full Version : Pat Perry wanted

tkerber
06-17-2012, 03:06 PM
I am looking for any Pat Perry game used. Played for the cardinals, reds, and cubs from late eighties to early ninetys. Thanks.

sox83cubs84
06-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Welcome to GUU.

Just thought I would suggest that a post such as this would more likely be seen by more people in the Items Wanted section. You are allowed to "bump" it back up to the top every 7 days or so.

FWIW: I don't recall if Pat Perry was the first or second user of the jersey, but I have seen a Cardinals gamer that was worn by both Perry and Scott Terry, with only the first letter changed in the NOB as the result of a midseason trade. This is not recent, however, so I am not sure of the whereabouts of this item currently.

Dave Miedema

Birdbats
06-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Pat Perry was traded to the Reds in 1987 at the trade deadline for a PTBNL. Three days later, the Reds sent Scott Terry to the Cards to complete the deal. The story goes that Terry inherited not only Perry's #37, but also the actual jerseys that Perry wore since they wore the same size. All they had to do was chance the P to a T.

I have a Pat Perry Cardinals road jersey signed by Pat... could be convinced to part with it. Always open to trades.

MLB~NUT
06-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Pat Perry was traded to the Reds in 1987 at the trade deadline for a PTBNL. Three days later, the Reds sent Scott Terry to the Cards to complete the deal. The story goes that Terry inherited not only Perry's #37, but also the actual jerseys that Perry wore since they wore the same size. All they had to do was chance the P to a T.

I have a Pat Perry Cardinals road jersey signed by Pat... could be convinced to part with it. Always open to trades.

Can you see where the P was remove and the T stiched on?

sox83cubs84
06-18-2012, 07:13 PM

On the one I owned several years ago, yes, but only under light.

Dave Miedema

Birdbats
06-18-2012, 09:05 PM

Not on mine. It was and remains a Perry -- used before the trade for Terry.

MLB~NUT
06-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Huh, thats kinda interesting guys!