PDA

View Full Version : Not that it matters - Clemens not guilty

Jeffredsfan
06-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm glad I bust my hump each day at work so I can support the government's Wasteful Spending Program. Everyone and their brother knows this jerk was juicing.
:confused:

Fraudfinder!!
06-18-2012, 04:29 PM
I have no problem with the government spending my tax dollars after he was warned several times to tell the truth if he was going to testify to Congress. His attorneys warned him against it but of course Roger being Roger he ignored their advice. I was his biggest fan for years, I just lost respect for him when it was obvious...he wil not see the HOF in his lifetime.

1929tudor
06-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Not one guy in the Balco case and Mitchell report case went to jail out of all those guys. MLB steriod program is a joke.

hrvatwill
06-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Not one guy in the Balco case and Mitchell report case went to jail out of all those guys. MLB steriod program is a joke.

First Bonds, now Clemens.....the US Gov't couldn't convict Hitler.....

trsent
06-18-2012, 06:47 PM
I am proud of Roger Clemens standing up for truth, justice and the American Way. When the first trial was thrown out it should have been over. No reason our government is spending tax dollars trying to convict an innocent man of lying to Congress.

Isn't there more important people to seek out with taxpayer dollars?

Isn't there hungry to feed?

Isn't there a health care issue?

This list could go on and on, but the point is tax dollars looking to get Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens were wasted tax dollars that should have been spent better. Even if they had received a conviction, what would have their point been? The whole process was a joke and I'm sorry Roger's name was dragged through the media's mud because of an unnecessary trial.

A jury of our peers deemed him innocent on all six charges, so you can convict him in your mind if you wish but then you go against the court system which clearly found the man innocent on all charges.

earlywynnfan
06-18-2012, 07:53 PM
I am proud of Roger Clemens standing up for truth, justice and the American Way. When the first trial was thrown out it should have been over. No reason our government is spending tax dollars trying to convict an innocent man of lying to Congress.

Isn't there more important people to seek out with taxpayer dollars?

Isn't there hungry to feed?

Isn't there a health care issue?

This list could go on and on, but the point is tax dollars looking to get Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens were wasted tax dollars that should have been spent better. Even if they had received a conviction, what would have their point been? The whole process was a joke and I'm sorry Roger's name was dragged through the media's mud because of an unnecessary trial.

A jury of our peers deemed him innocent on all six charges, so you can convict him in your mind if you wish but then you go against the court system which clearly found the man innocent on all charges.

While I wholeheartedly agree that this was a colossal waste of tax dollars, labeling Clemens "innocent" isn't quite right, they found him "not guilty," and there's a difference. My personal opinion is the man is a liar, a doper, and a jerk, but my opinion doesn't matter at all (just ask my wife!)

I don't want perjurers (or possible perjurers) to go scott-free, and I really wish the dopers in baseball had some sort of actual punishment, but man, I hate to see all this money go in such a seemingly-useless direction!

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

flaco1801
06-18-2012, 08:41 PM
He was looking at 30 years in prison...i guess they figured the price was to high to pay for his celebrity...

70to66
06-22-2012, 05:17 PM
I lost respect for Andy Pettitte after he got a case of memory loss during the trial.

hrvatwill
06-22-2012, 07:08 PM
I lost respect for Andy Pettitte after he got a case of memory loss during the trial.

Right. Me too. That's not something you misunderstand. In fact, I got rid of my gamer of his afterwards. Perhaps a puerile reaction, but I would do it again.