Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MLB~NUT
    • Feb 2011

Pink LVS Bat Question???

I was wondering why my 2012 Matt Holliday Game Used MD bat from this year doesn't have the MLB Logoman, and the Words Authentic on the back of the Barrel as others bats do that I've seen posted on here! Was it a Mistake and it didn't get stamped? Or was the back of the barrell supposed to be blank on this model??? Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files
  • 5toolplayer
    • Apr 2011

Re: Pink LVS Bat Question???

5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• OaklandAsFan
      • Sep 2007

if I had to take a guess I would say its similar to the 125th Anniv logos. Up to the player if they want it on there on not.

Comment

• MLB~NUT
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by OaklandAsFan
        if I had to take a guess I would say its similar to the 125th Anniv logos. Up to the player if they want it on there on not.

Hmmm... shoot me a email A'sFan

Comment

• MLB~NUT
          • Feb 2011

BMH, any opinions???

Comment

• Dewey2007
            • Dec 2007

Holliday doesn't have a contract with LVS so maybe that's the reason? Maybe only the bats for contracted players get the Authentic stamp.

Originally posted by MLB~NUT
            I was wondering why my 2012 Matt Holliday Game Used MD bat from this year doesn't have the MLB Logoman, and the Words Authentic on the back of the Barrel as others bats do that I've seen posted on here! Was it a Mistake and it didn't get stamped? Or was the back of the barrell supposed to be blank on this model??? Thanks for any help!
            sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• MLB~NUT
              • Feb 2011

Good point Dewey...

Comment

• tigerdale
                • Dec 2007

Not sure if this info helps or not, but collecting Ivan Rodriguez bats over the years, he requested to Louisville to leave the logos off the back of all his bats, this was confirmed by Brian (BMH).
                always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                Thank you, Dale
                tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by tigerdale
                  Not sure if this info helps or not, but collecting Ivan Rodriguez bats over the years, he requested to Louisville to leave the logos off the back of all his bats, this was confirmed by Brian (BMH).
                  Very interesting I wonder if the players think it will aid in cracking the bat sooner with the additional logos???

Comment

• OaklandAsFan
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Dewey2007
                    Holliday doesn't have a contract with LVS so maybe that's the reason? Maybe only the bats for contracted players get the Authentic stamp.
                    Bryce Harper doesn't have a contract and the few bats that he had made had the Authentic stamped on the back of them so I don't think thats it.

Comment

• Dewey2007
                      • Dec 2007

Well there you go. My theory shot to hell!!

Originally posted by OaklandAsFan
                      Bryce Harper doesn't have a contract and the few bats that he had made had the Authentic stamped on the back of them so I don't think thats it.
                      sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                        • Feb 2011

Laugh out loud...

Comment

• BMH
                          • Jul 2007

Sorry I haven't been on the forums in a while but it's been a mess around here. My oldest brother (factory scheduler) decided after 20yrs he had enough and parted ways with the company. So I am now trying to do a schedule for the factory and run the factory floor...good times. Anyway, my replacement in Pro bat was trying to be proactive this year and had second shift do the pink bats while 1st concentrated on regular orders. Well, imagine the "A" team line up vs. the "D" team line up. It was a mess. My 2nd shift turner thought the "A125" stood for Ash...so every order that was suppose to be Amish Maple was first made in Ash. Of course the second shift guys couldn't tell you who half of these guys are so they didn't know the difference either. Take for example Nick Swisher, his 1st batch of bats were Ash with his signature instead of Maple with block lettering. Some bats had the back logo and others did not, hell a few had the unapproved "Authentic Collections" on the MLB logo. We reran orders, UPS "lost" orders or the stadium couldn't find them. I bet we reran these damn things three times. I swear this happens every year with these things.

So to answer the question, yes it left the factory that way...I am not 100% sure if it was supposed to have left like that
                          Brian Hillerich

Comment

• TFig27
                            • Oct 2006

So this bat was an error bat?

sigpic
                            TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
                            A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
                            J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                              • Feb 2011

Lol Brian, sounds like fun at the Factory! Thanks for the response, I was just curious as to why the logo wasn't there!

Comment

Working...