PDA

View Full Version : Ebbets Field Flannels Help!!

tharuier
06-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Guys, if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated I have no idea what years these were used, what team used them or even if they are game used.

If anyone could help would be great.

prichmond
06-23-2012, 02:06 PM
You might try contacting ebbets field directly. They should be able to tell you

Pete

sox83cubs84
06-23-2012, 05:38 PM
You might try looking at some 1992-94 Pacific Coast League teams. A major dealer of the era had an arrangement with several PCL teams in those years that he would purchase the TBTC uniforms for the team with the understanding that he would receive them back after they were used.

I THINK that Ebbets Field Flannels aslo made some PCL-themed uniforms for Major League teams in 1994 (Giants, A's and Mariners), as well.

Dave Miedema

tharuier
06-23-2012, 09:40 PM
You might try looking at some 1992-94 Pacific Coast League teams. A major dealer of the era had an arrangement with several PCL teams in those years that he would purchase the TBTC uniforms for the team with the understanding that he would receive them back after they were used.

I THINK that Ebbets Field Flannels aslo made some PCL-themed uniforms for Major League teams in 1994 (Giants, A's and Mariners), as well.

Dave Miedema

Hey guys thank you very much I am going to look into it I have seen the giants and mariners used ebbets but no style close to what I have.

sox83cubs84
06-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Hey guys thank you very much I am going to look into it I have seen the giants and mariners used ebbets but no style close to what I have.

I'm thinking that the one you didn't see (Oakland) may be a match here.

Dave Miedema

prichmond
06-30-2012, 08:18 PM
did you figure it out?

staindsox
06-30-2012, 08:56 PM
My guess is Seattle Rainiers

staindsox
06-30-2012, 08:57 PM
http://superichirocrazy.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/throwback-thursday-1939-seattle-rainiers/

tharuier
06-30-2012, 10:39 PM
http://superichirocrazy.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/throwback-thursday-1939-seattle-rainiers/

Yes ebbets field confirmed they were used for the mariners tbtc game and they believe they are attributed to russel branyan.

Thank you everyone for your help. I was hoping for phillies but oh well lol.

MarinersFan34
07-01-2012, 06:50 PM
I agree with the assessment that they could be Rainiers pants, however they are NOT from the most recent set of Rainiers TBTC uniforms. The most recent ones where Branyan was on the team was in 2009, those uniforms were made by Majestic, both jerseys and pants.

I think they could be from one of the TBTC games in the mid 90's. As for the ID written in, it doesn't make sense right now for a M's player but I haven't looked into it too much yet.

On another note, Ebbet's Field hasn't made TBTC uni's for the M's for a real long time, not sure why they would say they're Branyans pants. :confused:

sox83cubs84
07-01-2012, 09:02 PM
The Rainiers PCL TBTC flannels from Ebbets Field were a 1994 season game, and their opponents (the Athletics) wore the same 1994 road Oaks PCL retro uniforms they wore in one of the home-and-home exhibition games against the Giants.

I have never seen a Seattle 1994 uniform like the ones being discussed, so that may be right, but I do now recall that the Oaks home unies used red and blue as their letter/number/trim colors.

Dave Miedema

stbarton
07-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Dave, I just purchased a Pete Rose BP Jersey that came with a LOA from yourself. It looks like the upper part of the certificate was cut off, so the only reference to the jersey is the the size and tagging, but does not mention being a Rose jersey. There were also two pictures attached. Do you remember doing a LOA on this jersey?

Thanks much, Tom

sox83cubs84
07-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Dave, I just purchased a Pete Rose BP Jersey that came with a LOA from yourself. It looks like the upper part of the certificate was cut off, so the only reference to the jersey is the the size and tagging, but does not mention being a Rose jersey. There were also two pictures attached. Do you remember doing a LOA on this jersey?

Thanks much, Tom

Send a photo to me at sox83cubs84 at hotmail .com

Dave Miedema