PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to Kevin Youkilis!

gameused
06-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Sad day for me and Red Sox fans as they traded Kevin Youkilis to the Chicago White Sox today.

I'm gonna miss this guy as he played the game hard day in and day out, and the fans loved him for that, he got a huge standing ovation as he left the game after hitting a rbi triple in the 7th.

Thanks,
Bobby

emann
06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Agreed Bobby... Love how even on that last play he put his all into making that triple. He easily makes my top 10 all-time Sox favorites, would be great to see him have a resurgence on the White Sox and play out the rest of his career there (like Pudge before him).

I've posted my 2008 season/postseason jersey before, do you have any Youk treasures in your collection?

trsent
06-27-2012, 07:59 AM
[quote=emann;296923]Would be great to see him have a resurgence on the White Sox and play out the rest of his career there (like Pudge before him)./quote]

Wow! Never thought of that idea. I love it!

Did you see the play he made at 3rd Tuesday night? From the 3rd base coaches box he threw the runner out easily.

sox83cubs84
06-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Youk is a gamer...I hope he can help lead the White Sox to a playoff spot, a la Gary Gaetti with the Cubs in 1998.

Dave Miedema

gameused
06-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Agreed Bobby... Love how even on that last play he put his all into making that triple. He easily makes my top 10 all-time Sox favorites, would be great to see him have a resurgence on the White Sox and play out the rest of his career there (like Pudge before him).

I've posted my 2008 season/postseason jersey before, do you have any Youk treasures in your collection?

emann,

I have some game used M9 Red Sox bats, but my favorite piece is Youk's game worn helmet photo matched to the 2007 ALCS and World Series. I hope to get it signed by him one day. Would love to see your 2008 Youk jersey, post some pics when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Bobby

emann
07-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Somehow I missed the reply to this thread Bobby... Below is a thread on that jersey I mentioned, which actually you posted a match to a couple years back! It has a few pretty distinct stitches (including where the back nameplate crosses over seams), so I've matched it to mid-season into the postseason. So many washings the cool base tag is peeling off...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=40059

Bad photo taker when it comes to jerseys, I should try and shoot some better ones. I also have a photomatched BP jersey and a couple caps.

I've got my tix to the 7/16 White Sox @ Fenway game all set. Should be a nice return greeting for Youk...

gameused
07-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Somehow I missed the reply to this thread Bobby... Below is a thread on that jersey I mentioned, which actually you posted a match to a couple years back! It has a few pretty distinct stitches (including where the back nameplate crosses over seams), so I've matched it to mid-season into the postseason. So many washings the cool base tag is peeling off...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=40059

Bad photo taker when it comes to jerseys, I should try and shoot some better ones. I also have a photomatched BP jersey and a couple caps.

I've got my tix to the 7/16 White Sox @ Fenway game all set. Should be a nice return greeting for Youk...

Now I remember that jersey....sweet match! Enjoy the White Sox vs Red Sox series, I'm sure the fans will show their love for Youk!

Best Regards,
Bobby

sox83cubs84
07-08-2012, 10:06 PM
A question for White Sox fans, especially those old enough to remember 1983:

That year the Sox were in a nip-and-tuck battle with the Rangers for the AL West title until the Sox made a trade with the Mariners for Julio Cruz. He acted as a much-needed catalyst, at the Sox ended up running away and hiding from Texas.

Do you think that Youk can be the 2012 catalyst that takes the Chisox from a battle with Cleveland and Detroit to a runaway divison title?

Dave Miedema