PDA

View Full Version : gloves ???

snick33
06-25-2012, 07:58 PM

Trying to locate a picture of Troy Polamalu. Wearing these on Oct 5 2008 against the Jaguars. Only thing steering me away. Ive always seen the players numbers wrote on the gloves and I cant style match them. Any input would be great to a new collector. Thanks

jbean023
06-25-2012, 08:30 PM
This guy had a pair of Kershaw cleats that I emailed him about and they were reeboks and he said kershaw wore reeboks until he got called up but then I found pics of kershaw pitching in the minors in under armour cleats. I think this is the same guy and heres 2 photos obviously not wearing those gloves.If you email him let me know what his response is, thanks!

http://gray.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Jaguar-vs-Steelers-10-05-2008/G0000N9JiKwLxE40/I0000sNHeXkphaY8

http://gray.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Jaguar-vs-Steelers-10-05-2008/G0000N9JiKwLxE40/I0000J.0FRY.lJlw

snick33
06-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks so much I also e mailed asking for pics or something. I guess you just never know lol. I check like 6 auction sites daily looking at items.

jbean023
06-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Looks like the same glove but different palm design, troys look to be all black. I always wonder if folks on ebay look on this site and see themselves getting dimed out with fake items, then how they feel about it. Whats some other good auction sites you look at for GU items?

Preston
06-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Gloves are harder than hell to photomatch honestly, and the only way I know my gloves that I get are from x game are because I get handed them personally. I take pics throughout the game and am able to photomatch (or I guess stylematch to anyone else) the gloves to that game and I put them with a ticket from the game into a ziploc bag and mark the player's name, position, jersey # and date.

FWIW for the most part NFL players don't seem to write their numbers on gloves (I've gotten several hundred over the years and maybe 2 or 3 have, MAYBE). I know college players do because the little white box area on the bottom of the palm closer to the wrist is perfect for that.

jbean023
06-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Good point Preston I agree with you on NFL players numbering,labeling and all that. I have a few pairs and none have numbers on them but in those 2 photos you can obviously see that Troy is wearing gloves with all black palms no doubt about it.

cfnnb9
06-25-2012, 11:00 PM
I think the numbering may have to do with the team. I know all the Chiefs gloves have the players numbers put on before the game. The equipment staff does this, not the players.

snick33
06-26-2012, 08:15 AM
First thanks for all the input! With the numbering I get confused. I looked at a lot of Troys pics from 2008. Sometimes 43 is wrote on the nfl sheild. Then again sometimes its not? Ive seen this with other steelers as well. If anyone needs help photomatching items from Steeler home games. I may be able to help. We have season tickets and 300 mm zoom camera. I start taking like 400 pics a game this past year.

Auction sites I check often are. E bay which seems to be a waste most of the time. Nfl auction,Mears,Heritage,Cbs sports and a few other I have bookmarked. If anyone knows of any other site please let me know.

I really only collect Steelers and Notre Dame items at this time.

southpaw
07-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Gloves are harder than hell to photomatch honestly, and the only way I know my gloves that I get are from x game are because I get handed them personally. I take pics throughout the game and am able to photomatch (or I guess stylematch to anyone else) the gloves to that game and I put them with a ticket from the game into a ziploc bag and mark the player's name, position, jersey # and date.

FWIW for the most part NFL players don't seem to write their numbers on gloves (I've gotten several hundred over the years and maybe 2 or 3 have, MAYBE). I know college players do because the little white box area on the bottom of the palm closer to the wrist is perfect for that.
The dallas cowboys have their #'s written on their gloves and cleats in black sharpie. I know as I buy both items directly from them in that manner and sometimes find cool things like plays written on gloves. Some bigger players have custom changes to their equipment but for the most part you can tell by style, size, changes, and wear to the items.