PDA

View Full Version : Question

yanks12025
06-28-2012, 04:13 PM
So the other day I bought a bat off ebay, the bat comes and I like it. I send photos to other bat experts about it and some suspect that the knob may have been altered. Meaning had inch marks and then sanded off or something, I can't see any parts of numbers on the knob. So today I sent the bat to Taube and let him look at it and he'll decided whether it was altered or not.

Now I paid a good amount of money for the bat. The seller wasn't selling it as a pro model bat or anything, just as a old bat. But I asked whether there was anything on the knob and they replied with a just a nick but not drastic.

So obviously if it comes back as being altered I have a case to get my money back. Am I right? So should I open a dispute with the seller right now or wait to hear back whether it being altered or not? Should I tell the seller that it may be altered. Besides this item, I don't think the seller has sold anything esle related to baseball in the past. Thanks

Jags Fan Dan
06-28-2012, 05:45 PM
A lot of eBay sellers will refund your money with few or no questions asked. To the really good ones, their feedback is everything. I would wait and if you decide you want to return it for sure, just email the seller first before you even open a dispute. You may not even need to open one.

MGHProductions
06-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Judging by the time frame its from, there weren't a whole bunch of store bats being bat that resembles a gamer. You might be ok- but the knob is still jacked up pretty bad. Good luck
Matt

jppopma
06-30-2012, 09:29 PM
The only hangup might be that he didn't describe it as being a game used bat. If he sold an "old bat", and you got and "old bat", he may be protected.

We all buy things on speculation...sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Can't hurt to try to contact them and see if they would be willing to take it back regardless.