Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GameUsedGR61
    • Feb 2012

Don Larsen Auctioning '56 Uniform

I wanted to share this story that was written courtesy of Yahoo.com. I thought it was great that Don Larsen is doing this for his grandchildren and I am curious how much that uniform would actually cost in auction
  • tbone90
    • Nov 2008

Re: Don Larsen Auctioning '56 Uniform

Being on the receiving end of this game Yogi's uniform got close to $600,000 a few years ago. I'd expect Don's to do much better. There's too many positive factors for it not to score big; no hitter, a Yankee, World Series, undisputable provence. I'll take a stab at $1.25-$1.5 mil.

Comment

• joelsabi
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by tbone90
      Being on the receiving end of this game Yogi's uniform got close to $600,000 a few years ago. I'd expect Don's to do much better. There's too many positive factors for it not to score big; no hitter, a Yankee, World Series, undisputable provence. I'll take a stab at $1.25-$1.5 mil.
      what the yankees shoud do is pay the grandkids tuition so larson can keep the jersey.
      Regards,
      Joel S.
      joelsabi @ gmail.com
      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• marino13
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by joelsabi
        what the yankees shoud do is pay the grandkids tuition so larson can keep the jersey.
        Bid it for $2.5 million and donate it to Yankees Museum where EVERYONE will have a chance to see the historical item.

Talking about ONE of ONE....

PS. It is a tax-write off anyway ... might as well and go with $3 million!

Comment

• Dewey2007
          • Dec 2007

Anyone have an idea how much the Larsen perfect game jersey ended up going for?
          sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• gorilla777
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Dewey2007
            Anyone have an idea how much the Larsen perfect game jersey ended up going for?
            $756,000

The winner of the jersey runs Gotta Have It Auctions.....I thought it might go for a higher number than that too.

Ben

Comment

• Dewey2007
              • Dec 2007

Thanks Ben. I thought it would go for more then that too considering the historical signifcance.

I hope Larsen doesn't have a lot of grandkids he's trying to put through college with that money!

Originally posted by gorilla777
              $756,000

The winner of the jersey runs Gotta Have It Auctions.....I thought it might go for a higher number than that too.

Ben
              sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

Working...