PDA

View Full Version : My Triple Play

amgmap
07-01-2012, 06:16 PM
I went to the Nats/Braves game yesterday and first of all, I live in FL and don't think I've ever been in heat like it was yesterday. At game time, the air temp was 104 and from talking with an employee in the dugout, he said that the field temp was 120! Anyway, when we got there we decided to check out the game used store. They have some nice items, but a lot are priced very high. I noticed that they had a ball from the previous nights game, so I asked about it and needless to say, bought it. I also picked up two balls from yesterday's game as well. One I am still waiting for the number to be added to the database to find out how it was used (like the lottery lol). The other, was a huge pickup for me as well. I know you all are wondering, so here is a pic...

Ball on the left was hit by Bryce Harper, the ball in the middle was a ball pitched by Strasburg and the ball on the right is the crap shoot :D

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad114/amgmap/IMG_3035.jpg

Texstros
07-01-2012, 08:24 PM
You won the lotto on the 1st two balls. Congrats!

coxfan
07-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Congrats on two great finds! If the club got the previous day's entry that quickly into the database, then kudos to them and the authentication folks as well.

Although I love the Rangers' very good inventory of g-u stuff, I don't understand why they don't simply type out a description of each item's use, reflecting what's in the database by its hologram number, and give the updated list each day to their clerks. That way there's no lottery aspect involved; you know what you're getting. The clerical time would be modest and well worth it.

I liked the Atlanta CNN Store's willingness to look up a hologram entry for me at the register. But in Arlington, I bought an ALDS ball, but the clerks told me they weren't allowed to use the store computer for Internet, and thus couldn't look up the hologram for me! My daughter was with me and had her laptop with her, so she looked it up for me.

Another time, when I bought an ALCS ball from the Rangers, the clerk got another clerk to look up the number for me on his phone. It worked, as it got them a sale.

amgmap
07-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Hello! It actually took MLB a little time to get them into the database. The store employee was the one that told me the ball was a Bryce Harper. I finally have all the specifics on them, which are :

Session Name: WSH AT ATL
Session Date: June 29, 2012
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: BATTER - BRYCE HARPER, PITCHER - RANDALL DELGADO, TOP OF 3, FOUL TIP

Session Date: June 30, 2012
Autographer:
Additional Information: BATTER - MICHAEL BOURN, PITCHER - STEPHEN STRASBURG, BOTTOM OF 1, PITCH IN THE DIRT

Session Date: June 30, 2012
Autographer:
Additional Information: BATTER - DANIEL UGGLA, PITCHER - CHIEN-MING WANG, TOP OF 5, PITCH IN THE DIRT