Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swoboda4
    • Nov 2005

Halper's Remedy, is it really O.K.?

I would like to ask the membership how they protect autographs on baseballs and bats. I know to leave them out of direct sunlight and light in general. But I display them and I took the advise given by Barry Halper in his video,"The Baseball Timecapsule",by spraying a clear laquer on the baseballs and bats. This,as he said,prevents further fading. Has time shown this method to be accurate?
  • stlbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: Halper's Remedy, is it really O.K.?

Not sure about Halpers remedy, however Rob Steinmetz does spray something on some of his stuff. he told me about it a while back. it was particluar a autod pujols GU fielding glove signed in silver paint pen.

you can reach him at authenticgamers.com

Myself, I would not spray anything on any of my signed balls especially. I keep them in Ultra Pro UV cubes in a dark room

Jason

Comment

• Swoboda4
      • Nov 2005

Jason-What is the pen that old time players used that seem to last longer than todays ball point? Is it a fountain pen and is there a particular ink?

Comment

• stlbats
        • Nov 2005

hello. I am not sure on the pen. I know they used a lot of fountain pens back then, not sure on the exact ink type. Someone that frequents the vintage posts might know this

thanks

jason

Comment

Working...