PDA

View Full Version : MLB Hologram + Laundry = ?

skipcarayislegend
07-10-2012, 09:14 AM
I bought an MLB authenticated g/u jersey that has a serious tint and stench from being in a smoke-filled house for several years. I've had great success removing smoke stains off of acrylic cases using something called Krud Kutter. Apparently it can also be used to remove smoke stains from clothing. I'm hesitant to try it out though on the jersey. A couple of questions: Has anyone had any luck removing smoke stains/smell from jerseys? And, in case a dry cleaner says they can get it out, has anyone ever washed and/or dry cleaned a jersey with a hologram on it?
Thanks,
Jason

Mulligans
07-10-2012, 09:45 AM
I have a Sheffield thin nylon jacket that I have been wearing and washing for years and the hologram hasn't changed one bit. I only bought it because it looked good and was real cheap. Good luck!

slab0meat
07-10-2012, 10:13 AM
I've washed a few jerseys with holograms. Steiner ones have come off. MLB ones have not.

marino13
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
There is an easy solution for this.

Steam cleaner!

You can purchase one for $99 or so. It worth every penny.

I steam-clean those smoked jersey and I avoid the hologram area.

Works like a charm!

skipcarayislegend
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

David
07-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I have a cheap common player game used cap that had a MEARS hologram that I wear around as my normal cap. After wearing it in a few times in heavy rain the hologram came off.