PDA

View Full Version : Hartel Sports?

TNTtoys
10-17-2006, 01:04 PM
All,

In a prior thread, I inquired about where I might be able to find a specific style jersey, and one of the recommendations is that I try Hartel Sports. I went to their website which doesn't seem to have been updated for a while. I tried calling them and emailing, and no response. Is there anyone out there who knows if they are still around?

Nick

pietraynor
10-17-2006, 03:13 PM
I purchased a jersey from their website about a month ago, no problems. Jay

sarahsdad
10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
You are right about their website. I do not think it has been updated in years. I recently enquired about getting a catalog and got a 4 word reply: "We don't have one." I purchased 2 items from them via their website in the past month. Shipping was slow and when I called, faxed and emailed them regarding the items I never received a reply. Ever. But I did receive the items. Their communication leaves a little to be desired. For me, it was non existent.
Howard

TNTtoys
10-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I purchased a jersey from their website about a month ago, no problems. Jay

Jay,

I didn't see a single photo on the website... as there is little to no communication, how do you know what you're getting if you were to order through them?

Nick

pietraynor
10-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Quite simple..I've been in the hobby 25yrs & Hartel's have been in the hobby even longer..I don't need a picture, their desc. is plenty good enough for me..I purchased a Colorado Rockies BP Jersey..I know what they look(ed) like..Actually ordered 2, one was gone already, no big deal..Your situation is a bit different as you are seeking a specific style jersey..email me at ldonalds@columbus.rr.com w/ details of the Hartel item you are interested in & I'll see if I can make contact w/them..On a side note, they have some of the best prices around, often selling gamers for less than the price of replicas. Jay

jake33
10-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Bruce Hartel is a great guy, he owns a few Dairy Queens in THe illinois area and he is a pretty busy guy, yes his website is weak but his products are very solid, I am always happy with him, call the number on the contact on the site, the number will ring at the store, then at his home,If you want the jersey bad enough just keep calling

indyred
10-18-2006, 12:16 PM
I wish they took paypal and had some pictures on there site. I like there prices and would definitley purchase from them if I felt more comfortable getting questions ansered and had a picture to look at. There Brewers selection looks awesome. With lots of helmets in old mb style and also have a bunch of 2001 jerseys from them that probally have flag and patches on them. Do they still get new stuff in? I'm sure they could do real well if they had had 2006 style website and paypal payment option.

TNTtoys
10-18-2006, 08:42 PM
I finally made contact with Bruce today... he seemed to have some nice stuff (although no Diamondbacks alternates!!!) I did however order a couple of Mets MiLB jerseys for my collection. Thanks for the lead!!