1950s? M&N Philadelphia Warriors jacket. Info??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cammy collector
    • Oct 2006

1950s? M&N Philadelphia Warriors jacket. Info??

I can't seem to find any evidence that M&N produced anything like this during the era but the seller claims the jacket is 50ish years old. Is it likely player issued? Is it a modern reproduction and somebody is out a grand? Any help would be appreciated!

1950s/60s Philadelphia Warriors jacket on ebay

and a couple shots I got from the seller while the auction was live

**ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

• both-teams-played-hard
    • Nov 2005

Re: 1950s? M&N Philadelphia Warriors jacket. Info??

A modern reproduction. Early 1980s, at best.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
      • Nov 2005

Also, FWIW...the Phil. Warriors became the San Francisco Warriors. Absolutely nothing to do with the 76ers.

Comment

• DeacDoug
        • Mar 2010

Perhaps M&N supplied Warriors warmups in 1950s. I know 76ers used Wilson via Pearson Sporting Goods for 69-70 season because I picked up the uniforms at Pearson. The item for sale looks nearly new. HOF Eddie Gottlieb, owner of the Warriors, most likely would have used the same warmups for a number of seasons as NBA was extremely cost conscious in those days. Thus, I agree with previous poster that item is probably a M&N replica. Remember M&N was based in Philly until Reebok acquired the Company.

Comment

• cohibasmoker
          Banned
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DeacDoug
          Perhaps M&N supplied Warriors warmups in 1950s. I know 76ers used Wilson via Pearson Sporting Goods for 69-70 season because I picked up the uniforms at Pearson. The item for sale looks nearly new. HOF Eddie Gottlieb, owner of the Warriors, most likely would have used the same warmups for a number of seasons as NBA was extremely cost conscious in those days. Thus, I agree with previous poster that item is probably a M&N replica. Remember M&N was based in Philly until Reebok acquired the Company.
          Mitchell and Ness did provide equipment for Philadelphia based professional and college teams. I would imagine that whoever spent a grand on the jacket at least researched the M&N tags.

Jim

Comment

• invintagewetrust
            • Jun 2011

Interesting that the seller posted no photos of the tagging. I'm assuming that the guys bidding hard on this thought they were bidding on an original, which I believe was made by Cone or Pearsons, BTPH might know the original manuf. I think that, that mitchell and ness tag was retired in the early 90's. Still a very scarce throwback jacket, I've never seen this throwback warrior piece, but worth no where near the hammer price from this auction.

Comment

Working...