PDA

View Full Version : My package got shipped and signed for over 1,000 miles away...any suggestions??

Preston
07-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Hey guys,

This isn’t a game used situation but it’s one involvingmailing of a package somewhere and it went somewhere else.

Long story short, Iordered some jerseys and they were shipped to me, attempted to deliver them andwere re-routed to Fort Lauderdale, FL which is over 1,000 miles away from whereI live. The tracking information says itwas attempted to be delivered to my house (it was not, no slip was leftindicating as such). It went from TN to FL to TN and back to FL in a matter of3 hours. Which, of course, istheoretically impossible but nonetheless that’s what my tracking informationsays. ALSO it says it was signed for bysomeone.

The possible explanation the USPS gave me so far is thatthere are duplicate tracking numbers (which makes sense partially because itwould explain the back and forth of where this package is, but why that wouldhappen I don’t understand), and they will call me around lunchtime. The lady Ispoke to at my local post office also said the “destination” (I cannot see thison my screen but she can on hers) says Goodlettsville, TN, which is about 15minutes from my house. However I’mbaffled that this could actually happen.

I’ve already filed a fraud complaint with the USPS and acase with PayPal for my protection, because I haven’t received the goods andworst case I’ve got all the documentation stating that I did not receive it.

Please see below diagrams to hopefully further clarify.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance from one confused collector to another!

CampWest
07-19-2012, 10:04 AM
The possible explanation the USPS gave me so far is thatthere are duplicate tracking numbers (which makes sense partially because itwould explain the back and forth of where this package is, but why that wouldhappen I don’t understand),

Looks like it came from China... That could explain why the systems are not fast enough to avoid duplicate tracking.

My prediction is that your item gets delivered today. I've had lazy mailmen not leave a notice, but say they did. Fingers crossed for delivery in a couple hours. Good luck.

Preston
07-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Looks like it came from China... That could explain why the systems are not fast enough to avoid duplicate tracking.

My prediction is that your item gets delivered today. I've had lazy mailmen not leave a notice, but say they did. Fingers crossed for delivery in a couple hours. Good luck.

I sure hope you're right, but how hard is it to just put it in my mailbox along with my other mail? That's beyond lazy...that's incompetent as well.

OaklandAsFan
07-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I watched my mail person walk up to my neighbors house carrying things that were meant for me at my house and then get back in the truck and drive away last weekend. I didn't think to go out there cause I figured it was just a strange coincidence that my neighbor would be getting to tubes (for bats in my case) the same day that I was. and I wasn't dressed to chase someone down the road and it was raining.

mail people can be lazy and not really pay attention at times unfortunately.

Preston
07-19-2012, 02:20 PM

Crisis averted - thanks for all the good vibes!

That's exactly what happened...that, and the tracking # was tied to multiple shipments. Guess Helen Keller is still employed...

mickeymbz
07-19-2012, 06:02 PM
last april i bought a gamer from some dude it germany.,. tracking said it made it to the destination country and the package never showed up.... i filed for a refund from Paypal... they backed the seller because it showed he made attempt to send.. buncha BS.. good luck

GameUsedGR61
07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
I know how you feel. Fortunately I never had issue mailing anything internationally. I have had more problems shipping domestically. I went to mail a jersey to someone in Michigan and it ended up in North Carolina before finally reaching its destination. I was upset because I paid for priority and was hoping to get a reimbursement and the post office told me that priority mail is not guaranteed to be there within the 2-3 day span:(