PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm NOT Sending any of my Gamers UPS Ground...

frikativ54
07-21-2012, 05:06 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/Derail.jpg

Apparently, an article explains this mess in further detail (http://www.kulr8.com/news/state/162818156.html).

"Company spokesman Gus Melonas says about a dozen cars from a train headed from Chicago to Portland, Ore., derailed about 20 miles east of Glasgow on Tuesday afternoon.

The derailed cars, the equivalent of about two-dozen regular-sized cars, derailed in accordion fashion with some piling on top of others and some ending up on their sides. Some cars were ripped open and spilled freight, including designer handbags, shoes, batteries and canoes."

Thank goodness these were photo gifts for friends and not a gamer purchase of thousands of dollars.

OaklandAsFan
07-21-2012, 06:41 PM
so what are you gonna do if a Fedex plane crashes? say this is why I won't ship fedex either? then what? These are minimal risks that are part of everyday life unfortunately.

Brucefan32
07-21-2012, 08:18 PM
I was on a train that derailed, destroying 432 BMW's......around 20,000,000........top that!.... lol

dnrapp
07-22-2012, 01:09 AM
My nephew works for BNSF out of Minot, ND. He mentions Glascow often. I have to see if he is working some overtime because of it.

trsent
07-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Tragic story but any carrier could have a trail derail, a plane crash, or a truck overturns. It could happen to any carrier - This is an act of nature and not a reason to avoid a carrier.

I am using USPS for most shipments these days. Simple shipping, best insurance coverage and a pretty good record I have found.

jppopma
07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
These acts of nature occur, as could a bombing at a postal office by an anti government fanatic.... Another concern is theft. UPS, FEDex, and other shippers do a good job of hiding how many trucks are broken into, hijacked, or stolen each year.

Frik, I'm sure if you travelled to the derailment site with your tracking number, they would let you look through the debris for your item. JK. Keep your fingers crossed that your item was not damaged and will be delivered with a big delay.

marino13
07-31-2012, 07:11 AM
How about having your "insured item" signed for and delivered in a completely different state?

But, with the help of the Postal Inspector, they tracked down the package and recovered it and have it DELIVERED to the rightful owner about a month later.