PDA

View Full Version : The Highland Mint: Bowley

Zeenuts
07-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Just received a cold contact from a Jim Bowley of the Highland Mint asking if I am interested in Futures Game memorabilia. Anyone know if Highland Mint deals with this kind of memorabilia and/or has had dealings with Bowley. Checked Highland Mint website and the company doesn't seem to deal with game used kinds of items. Just being cautious that I don't fall for a scam.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

tigerdale
07-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Yes, Jim works for highland mint & they do deal w/ MLB items. They have access to many futures games items as well as all-star HR derby items & such.

harleighb
The Highland Mint is handling the 2012 Futures Game items for MLB (and handles other items for them as well). I've dealt with Jim a few times and he has always provided excellent service. The items come directly from MLB so they can be pricey but everything I've purchased from them has been top-notch.

jetersbatboy
Jim's a good guy and I deal with him often! And yes they deal in game used!
Aloha Scott

Zeenuts
07-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you for the responses. They have been very helpful in assuring me that things are legitimate. The feedback from other collectors is invaluable, especially when dealing with sellers for the first time.

Again, thank you to everyone who has responded and for additional postings which most likely will be forthcoming.

maverick14
07-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Just out of curiosity but do they only deal by phone?
I had contacted them regarding GU bats and they replied by email saying to call.
I mentioned that I'm very busy of late and its most convenient for me if they could just email me pictures of the specific item I'm looking for if they had it.
Rather I got a return email from the representative I was dealing with saying that they wanted to talk to me first before they would send any pictures/prices:confused::confused:.
No mention of whether they even had items that I was asking for whatsoever and again specifically asked for my phone number.
As a buyer I would imagine they would take into account what is most convenient for me especially since most companies work by email nowadays anyway.
Just a thought since it bothered me and I just figured to not call them and move on to find memorabilia elsewhere.

mdube16
07-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Jim is top notch. You wont find a better rep/person.

Klattsy
07-25-2012, 10:54 PM
I've dealt with Jim a few times and he has always provided excellent service. The items come directly from MLB so they can be pricey but everything I've purchased from them has been top-notch.

Ditto to Harleigh. Jim has helped me with some WBC items and communication via email was excellent. As Harleigh mentions, pricing is set by MLB so can be pretty high.

OaklandAsFan
07-26-2012, 12:03 AM
MLB sets the pricing?? well them Jim is a really good guy cause I was working with him on two jerseys for the ASG I offered him one amount and he said he would check and see what he could do then called me back the next day and said he could do the two jerseys for $100 less than what I had offered him for the jerseys the day before. Not sure I have ever had that happen before, its cool that he got prices from MLB and didn't drive up the price the extra $100.

EurekaDave
07-26-2012, 12:14 AM
My dittos about Jim. I have dealt with him for a number of years and really like the guy. I have noted that questions some of the MLB pricing---so he's really on our side. Tough spot to be in, but he gets right on it on our behalf.

Dave Silverbrand

Dewey2007
07-26-2012, 12:39 AM
I recently bought an item from Highland Mint through one of their other reps. I asked him if they could come down in price. He said the prices are set by MLB and they couldn't. I contacted the head of MLB's game used program and he wasn't willing to come down on the price either even though the item was almost 4 years old.

I asked him what they do with items that don't sell and he said they have many, many uses for game used items but they don't mark prices down.

My dittos about Jim. I have dealt with him for a number of years and really like the guy. I have noted that questions some of the MLB pricing---so he's really on our side. Tough spot to be in, but he gets right on it on our behalf.

Dave Silverbrand

csu398
07-26-2012, 01:13 AM
I have dealt with Jim before and referred several friends to him. All of us are very happy with his service and the items we obtained. The pricing may not be very flexible, but it's not decided by Jim.

OaklandAsFan
07-26-2012, 01:34 AM
I recently bought an item from Highland Mint through one of their other reps. I asked him if they could come down in price. He said the prices are set by MLB and they couldn't. I contacted the head of MLB's game used program and he wasn't willing to come down on the price either even though the item was almost 4 years old.

I asked him what they do with items that don't sell and he said they have many, many uses for game used items but they don't mark prices down.

I'm sure older items just get sold to Topps. Topps pays ridiculous prices for items.

mdube16
07-26-2012, 06:04 AM

who did you contact at MLB? I have a database question I would like to ask.

HH
07-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Does anyone have one of those inventory spread sheets they would email out in the past? I havent gotten one in a while and would like to see a somewhat recent one. The last time I inquired about one they didnt email it to me, they just asked what specific items I wanted, but sometimes I pick up items I wasnt originally looking for. I would appreciate it if someone could forward me one, thanks. h4466@sbcglobal.net

moosemick14
08-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Does anyone know what carrier highland mint ships with? Does Jim usually send tracking information when an order goes out?

Thanks for any help.

frikativ54
08-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Does anyone know what carrier highland mint ships with? Does Jim usually send tracking information when an order goes out?

Thanks for any help.

UPS Ground. Yes - He does.