Okay, I didn't see that coming...

Ben

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/yankees-acquire-ichiro-suzuki.html

yanks12025
07-23-2012, 05:39 PM
wow.. me neither

DJaeger22
07-23-2012, 05:49 PM
That one came out of no where... wonder how much his first jersey will go for.

maverick14
07-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Nobody would have seen that coming.
Interesting pickup considering his regression of late, maybe the NY lineup can help him out a bit, hope so atleast.
Ichiro game-used items are already expensive and it's only going to get worse now.

frikativ54
07-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Glad to have Ichiro leave Seattle. It will be a weird feeling seeing him in pinstripes, but he was clearly blocking the development of younger Mariners' players.

marino13
07-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Ichiro stuff is ridiculous before ... it will get worst now --- but at least some will be available at affordable rate since the Yankees will milk this cow with Steiner's assist.

r_phelps
07-23-2012, 07:39 PM
This should be interesting.

frikativ54
07-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Ichiro stuff is ridiculous before ... it will get worst now --- but at least some will be available at affordable rate since the Yankees will milk this cow with Steiner's assist.

I thought Ichiro's stuff was handled by Ichiro himself.

How do you see his items' being any more affordable now than in the past? Steiner's prices are outlandish, IMHO.

emann
07-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Okay, I didn't see that coming...
[/URL]

+1

One of the more shocking trades in the last few seasons.

gingi79
07-23-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm betting Steiner prices him at $30k a jersey.

frikativ54
07-23-2012, 09:51 PM

That wouldn't surprise me either.

jbsportstuff
07-23-2012, 09:55 PM
That is obscene pricing.

sox83cubs84
07-23-2012, 10:17 PM
I see where, though it's not officially retired, Ichiro will not wear Bernie Williams' #51 out of respect for his place with the Yankees. Ichiro will instead be wearing #31.

Dave Miedema

kudu
07-23-2012, 11:21 PM
I think the city of Seattle is on suicide watch. First the Sonics leave town. Now Ichiro went to the Dark Side. Whats next? Seahawks move to LA??:confused:

joelsabi
07-23-2012, 11:57 PM
i happen to be at costco passing by the plasmas display when i saw the camera zooming in on ichiro in left field but sporting a yankee uniform. i had to do a double take to see if a was hallucinating.

interesting note that Ichiro took #31 instead of #51 out of respect to Bernie Williams. Super class act. Hope Ichiro can be motivated playing for a winning team. Cannot wait to see the fan reaction at Yankee stadium

As far as prices for a jersey, I am thinking over 30K if you compare Ichiro's stature to Matsui's stature in the Japan market. If the Yankees win it this year, skies the limit.

gingi79
07-24-2012, 12:53 AM
Seattle fans showed real class there. The entire situation is surreal like seeing Chipper Jones in a Mets Uniform or Derek Jeter in a Red Sox jersey.

The part of me who loves sports sees this as an amazing team player pushing for a trade to help his team's future as he knows he can't help them to a title. The cynical realist sees a 12 year veteran who knows his career is ending, pushing to be on a team with a legit shot for a title instead of the drowning franchise.

Either way, all fans lose. As usual

gingi79
07-24-2012, 01:01 AM
I think Griff and Edgar Martinez should unretire for one game so that Seattle fans can suffer through adding them to this list:

Jay Buehner
Alex Rodriguez
Tino Martinez
Ichiro

trsent
07-24-2012, 04:58 AM
I think Griff and Edgar Martinez should unretire for one game so that Seattle fans can suffer through adding them to this list:

Jay Buehner
Alex Rodriguez
Tino Martinez
Ichiro

Didn't Randy Johnson start there also? I think he won a few games in his career. Does he not count since he pitched 11 games for Montreal before coming over to Seattle?

slab0meat
07-24-2012, 08:48 AM

Jay Buehner
Alex Rodriguez
Tino Martinez
Ichiro

Didn't Randy Johnson start there also? I think he won a few games in his career. Does he not count since he pitched 11 games for Montreal before coming over to Seattle?

They most certainly do count. But, what exactly is this list? Just guys who haven't won a Series with Seattle? I don't see any other correlation.

gorilla777
07-24-2012, 08:52 AM

Jay Buehner
Alex Rodriguez
Tino Martinez
Ichiro

Well, as Frank Costanza will tell you, Jay Buhner was traded to Seattle infamously for Ken Phelps....and Frank never forgave Steinbrenner for it.:D
"Ken Phelps?? Buhner's got a cannon for an arm!"

marino13
07-24-2012, 09:55 AM
I thought Ichiro's stuff was handled by Ichiro himself.

How do you see his items' being any more affordable now than in the past? Steiner's prices are outlandish, IMHO.

1. Being the Yankees the way they are, I would say they will have more than one set of jersey available and so forth.

2. As for the price, I have seen Jeter game used jersey - MLB authenticated along with Steiner, sold for about 9k. So, Ichiro jersey might have outrageous asking price at first, once the demand dies down, I see it will be around $9k-$15k at most.

2a. But then again, there is an ENTIRE country following ICHIRO so economics 101 would kicks in. It will be a wait and see.

TNTtoys
07-24-2012, 02:27 PM

Little known fact...

Montreal offered Randy Johnson to the Mets for pitcher David West (ever hear of him? I thought not). The Mets declined.

EurekaDave
07-24-2012, 03:21 PM
What do you think will happen to the prices of Ichiro Mariners jerseys? Does Steiner indirectly drive those up too?

Dave Silverbrand

gingi79
07-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Ichiro played for a city that has a tremendous Asian population and is owned by a Japanese businessman. He is a national hero in Japan. His jerseys have sold for $25k regularly for many years.

The most famous and beloved Japanese player ever (Top 3 for sure) playing for the most famous baseball club in the world. Brandon Steiner is literally printing money on this deal.

marino13
07-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Ichiro played for a city that has a tremendous Asian population and is owned by a Japanese businessman. He is a national hero in Japan. His jerseys have sold for $25k regularly for many years.

The most famous and beloved Japanese player ever (Top 3 for sure) playing for the most famous baseball club in the world. Brandon Steiner is literally printing money on this deal.

So, if I can get an Ichiro's gamer as a Yankees for $15k or less, would you consider it a good deal?

I was hoping that it will stick around $9-$12K or so.

Oh well, it will be a waiting game.

CollectGU
07-25-2012, 02:31 PM
So, if I can get an Ichiro's gamer as a Yankees for $15k or less, would you consider it a good deal?

I was hoping that it will stick around $9-$12K or so.

Oh well, it will be a waiting game.

Maybe the first one or two out, but then Steiner will flood the market and the prices will drop drastically to single digit thousand's....