X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guadmin
    Administrator
    • Jan 1970

Why can't every store be like this?!!

November 9 2005 at 1:10 PM Joe K. (Login vintagesportscollector)
    Heaven on earth...can you guess where this store is located? Check out the pics I took..

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

....more info to follow, but imagine stumbling upon this place during one of your weekend sports antique hunts!!!

HOWARD WOLF
    (Login hblakewolf)
    NATIONAL PASTIME IS THE BEST!
    November 9 2005, 1:28 PM

Joe-
    Great photos of National Pastime in Cooperstown.

Thanks and I can't wait to see additional shots!

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Mike H
    (Login mjkm90)
    Re: NATIONAL PASTIME IS THE BEST!
    November 9 2005, 2:10 PM

Why couldn't I have been born rich instead of so damn good looking?!?!? Ok...damn average looking.

Mike H
    (Login mjkm90)
    Re: Why can't every store be like this?!!
    November 9 2005, 2:10 PM

Is everything for sale?

Aaron M.
    (Login aaron1050)
    November 9 2005, 2:20 PM

Joe, great stuff and you did a fantastic job photographing everything. Now I'm even more bummed I won't be going to Cooperstown over Thanksgiving as planned...

--Aaron

Mike H
    (Login mjkm90)
    November 9 2005, 2:24 PM

The prices are extremely high. Here is a link to the online store.

Aaron M.
    (Login aaron1050)
    November 9 2005, 2:27 PM

Mike, you kind of figure for a store like that which would appeal to mostly free-spending tourists. Plus not much there that's particularly rare and you couldn't readily find on E-Bay.

Now, Joe, how about some pictures of the HOF itself??

--Aaron

Joe K.
    (Login vintagesportscollector)
    RE: National Pastime
    November 9 2005, 2:50 PM

National Pastime is a highlight of Cooperstown. One block down from the HOF. I was there last Nov. when I took these pictures. Everything has a price tag, but I would be shocked if they ever sell anything...the prices are absolutely ridiculous. The memorabilia and equipment really just serves as a museum back drop for the new stuff they sell. None the less it is a fanastic museum/store. I could be wrong, maybe they do sell some stuff, but it wouldn't be too a collector who had any notion of value.

They haven't updated their wesbite for the vintage stuff in like 2 years so that also shows the stuff is really just for show. But I would love to know more about the owner and how he came about acquiring all this stuff over the years.

When I was there the HOF was under restoration so it was a little disappointing. I had been to the HOF 2 times before so no big deal, but I did take many photos on the HOF too. I'll post those shortly. I look forward to getting back there now that it has fully reopened.

Mike H- Did you see the Spalding figurals in the window display? ahumm....hint,hint

Mike H
    (Login mjkm90)
    Re: RE: National Pastime
    November 9 2005, 3:01 PM

Joe...you know I'm like one of Pavlov's dogs when I see those trophies! I passed out for a couple seconds there, but I'm ok now. Your lucky I didn't electricute myself when the drool hit the keyboard or that I didn't fall through my computer screen mister!!! Next time post a WARNING PLEASE!!!
    Wouldn't you love to walk into your baseball room and see a couple of those on your desk or in a place of distinction. I particularly love the first baseman fielding the ball in the scoop position. As Wayne Campbell once said "It will be mine...Oh yes...It will be mine".

Daniel Bretta
    (Login slidekellyslide)
    Re: RE: National Pastime
    November 9 2005, 3:53 PM

Hey, you can see the exact Piedmont advertising sign in this photo that is hanging in my local TGI Fridays.

Great photos Joe.

Joe K.
    (Login vintagesportscollector)
    Piedmont Sign
    November 9 2005, 5:11 PM

Cool Dan! Maybe TGIF buys from National Pastime.
Working...