X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dougiedshow
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2009

goldinauctions.com new auction site

Looks like there is a new entry in online auctions. Ken Goldin is starting an auction site, first auction this fall. This should be interesting, I expect he'll be able to bring in some nice items. Any thoughts?

• joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Re: goldinauctions.com new auction site

i recognize ken goldin from his scoreboard company. his website claims the lowest auction commission of 10%. what is the average commission % anyways? 20%?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• gorilla777
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by joelsabi
      i recognize ken goldin from his scoreboard company. his website claims the lowest auction commission of 10%. what is the average commission % anyways? 20%?
      I believe most commissions start at 15%, but if you are consigning higher dollar items, then you are looking at something less than that down to 0%.

Ben

Comment

• worldchamps
        • Dec 2005

Hopefully he will be able to recognize his scoreboard jerseys as not game worn.
        sigpic

Comment

• commando
          • Nov 2007

Who remembers these days? I do.

sigpic
          Anthony Nunez
          Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
          www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• AstrosGU
            Banned
            • May 2011

haha I remember watching that on shop-at-home at about 2 or 3 in the morning when I was a kid growing up on Fridays.

Comment

• dougiedshow
              Super Moderator
              • Dec 2009

The BUYERS premium is 10%, that is great. Most sites are 15-20%. Ben is right the CONSIGNMENT fee typically varies depending on the volume and value of the items being sold or offered to the auction houses. Its important for the auction sites to get the best items and create traffic, so they're flexible on those fees. Bottom line is, it will be cheaper to buy stuff! But you know that just means I'll end up bidding more.

Comment

Working...